Raise

Youngblood29

• Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That one is 4x4 with big leaf springs under front and rear both. To get yours that high will require significant modification of both suspension and steering.

If you are not capable of major modification, you might be better off dropping your 620 on a 720 4x4 frame. Still hard, but much easier.

• Like 1

You can get a few inches in the front re-indexing the torsion bars, but nothing close to the photo you posted.

The rear can be done fairly easy, just weld new perches on the axle an put it under the leafs, the issue with this is that the front cannot keep up with the back, perhaps a spacer will help between the upper control arm and the ball joint.

You can likely appear to be higher doing a body lift, 2 or 3 inches is about it for that without running into issues, and bigger tires will help also.

• Like 1

The suspension and steering is designed to work through a small range at or near stock height. Going up or down will throw the camber and toe way off. The toe can be adjusted. Camber can only be adjusted so far until all the factory shims are removed and then that's about it.

I managed a 4" body lift but do not recommend this. 2" would be optimal. Even then 10.5 x 31 tires did not clear the floor pan under the pedals. (and they rubbed the frame on turns) In addition steering is almost impossible with tires that big. I made up a power steering system for it. Now the gearing was wrong for the tire size and performance and crawl speeds were no good for off road.  

I did get another 12" clearance by swapping a Toyota 4x4 front axle in and using very arched F-150 leaf springs on all four corners.

Would I do it again... never.

• Like 2