63 replies to this topic

#41 KoHeartsGPA

KoHeartsGPA

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,593 posts
  • Cars:1970 2-door 510, 1977 620 KC

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:56 PM

Keep us posted, send him Ratsun love from us all :)

#42 720inOlyWa

720inOlyWa

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cars:1984 720 2wd King cab, 1985 720 Nissan King Cab 2wd ‘the Fudgecicle’, ’86 Nissan 720 4x4

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:04 PM

Anyone heard the update on Charlie?...

#43 VTR

VTR

Datsunahaulic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 41,197 posts
  • Cars:Subaru Forester GT

Posted 27 February 2017 - 08:23 PM

Hopefully the Doctors did not treat Charlie like a Datsun and they a a Datsun owner where they left him in the back section of the hospital with a tarp half over him.

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M.Bison

#44 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Cars:various datsun toys, vw bug, chevy silverado, mitsubishi outlander,plymouth barracuda fastback

Posted 02 March 2017 - 05:20 AM

He is in a convalescent hospital for rehab

#45 ]2eDeYe

]2eDeYe

Bastard!

• User Administrator
  • 17,747 posts
  • Cars:78 620 KC, 77 620 KC, 72 CJ5, 04 G35 coupe mmmm

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:42 AM

Hopefully his rehab goes well. :)

Smokin' Joe's House of Datto's

gJv38AY.jpg
Member- *Japanese Trucking Association*

**DATSUN FAQ** ~ If ya know it, post it ~ If ya don't know it, learn it ~

ratsun.net rising sun stickers                     ratsun business cards order thread

620 KA24 Motor Mount Swap Brackets

1977 620 KingCab Deluxe KA24DE Swap - Refresh and cleanup
1978 620 kingcab 4x4 - KA24E SAS w/Dana 44 front and Toyota rear

1967 RL411 Station Wagon

Whenever I think that I'm out of my mind for putting this much time and money into an old Datsun, all I have to do is look some of your threads to know that I'm not nearly as whack as you are.

You're going to skin a few knuckles, stand up too fast and bump your head, hunt around the floor for the nuts and bolts you dropped, invent a few new cuss words and when you're finished you'll say "That wasn't so hard after all!"

#46 720inOlyWa

720inOlyWa

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts
  • Cars:1984 720 2wd King cab, 1985 720 Nissan King Cab 2wd ‘the Fudgecicle’, ’86 Nissan 720 4x4

Posted 02 March 2017 - 10:17 AM

Holy Cow, Gene. I hope that if you are in touch with him that you can pass on our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

#47 VTR

VTR

Datsunahaulic

• 41,197 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 01:55 PM

Holy Cow, Gene. I hope that if you are in touch with him that you can pass on our best wishes for a speedy recovery.

^^^

THIS.  :thumbup:

"For you, the day Bison graced your village was the most important day of your life. But for me, it was Tuesday."

- M.Bison

#48 720inOlyWa

720inOlyWa

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 09:50 AM

Anybody heard anything about good old Charlie69 lately? I miss the guy- one of the only faithful readers that I had here. anyway, I hope he is recovering okay. If not, dibs on his 720 shit. (“I keed, I keed!“)

#49 Rjawm

Rjawm

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:06 AM

Get well soon Charlie...

I need your upvotes, you have a lot of catching up to do lol

In all seriousness though, take your time, get fully healed so you can enjoy life

#50 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts
  • Cars:various datsun toys, vw bug, chevy silverado, mitsubishi outlander,plymouth barracuda fastback

Posted 08 March 2017 - 03:46 PM

he went to see the doctor to see what his status is and how long he will be at recovery location

#51 720inOlyWa

720inOlyWa

• PipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 07:01 AM

....and...

#52 Lockleaf

Lockleaf

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,394 posts
  • Cars:'71 510 Goon, '90 240SX, '85 720, '69 Roadster, '96 Pathfinder, too much other shite

Posted 09 March 2017 - 02:19 PM

He's been on recently. He mentioned at least 2 more weeks of recovery i believe.

Half Pint ('71 510 Goon) http://community.rat...agon/p?=1269361

Audrey ('69 Roadster 1600) http://community.rat...rey-the-ratster

Tiny Havok ('85 720 DIY built Crewcab 4x4) http://community.rat...ache/?p=1395455

720 Shenanigans http://community.rat...20-shenanigans/

#53 hobospyder

hobospyder

El Matador

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,355 posts
  • Cars:73 620, 77 620kc, 02 300m, 96 s10

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

he posts in his truck thread

Lol you really think he would tell anyone, ahh yes Mr. Peterson I was taken a piss and everything got dark like there was an eclipse, when I look back to see what was making the shade when WHAM!! Cock hit me right in the face. I don't know whose it was but we could match up the bruise.

you assume i have any fucks

#54 gene knight

gene knight

Hall Monitor

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 21 June 2017 - 10:23 PM

Next time anyone talks with charlie ask him why he is harboring refugees on his shorts, today me and him went to a junkyard and when we got back he has a refugee on his shorts and it scared the piss out if him. It was a Kodak moment but I was driving and couldnt get to my camera quick enough. He was sweating cuz I had to help him get the refugee off from his shorts with my foot with out hurting him or the refugee biting him

#55 Charlie69

Charlie69

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,102 posts
  • Cars:1966 520, 1985 720 ST King Cab, 1986 720 King Cab

Posted 22 June 2017 - 12:52 AM

I had forgtten about this thread.

I broke my right hip on February 21st 2017.  Of course I broke the damn thing in a way that they could not replace the hip.  So 3 cuts 2 screws (look like wood screws from the local Home Depot) and an 18" rod my my hip is back together.

I broke the top of the femur off and crushing it in the process.

I saw the surgeon yesterday for my 4 month follow up and he said he was happy with the results.  This pissed me off because I am the one that should be happy with the results,  I am pleased I can walk and not pleased because of the limp and the fact that my right leg is a little shorter now.

720 Oly mentioned this does not keep me from laying on a creeper working on my Datsuns.  I can lay just fine it is the getting up that is a struggle.

All joking a side I am very pleased with the results from the surgery.

I was placed in a convalescent home for 30 days.  I am diabetic and they did not have diabetic meals.  So for breakfast I ate plain oatmeal and powdered scrambled eggs I called gruel.  Lunch and dinner consisted of Iceberg lettuce salads.  I lost over 40 pounds in the 30 cays I was in there.  The problem with the weight loss was it was muscle not fat.  when I was released I had old lady arms where the skin hangs down with no muscle tone.  My legs looked like a starving persons legs from Bangladesh!

I completed my PT in 4 weeks after being held out of PT for 7 weeks after the surgery.  4 weeks in the home and then 1 week getting my appointments scheduled and 2 weeks of withdrawals from Oxycontin and Oxycodone.

It is all good now and I hope to get right hand surgery in July, left rotator cuff surgery in August, and left knee replacement surgery in October.

Next year will be 2 hip replacements and neck and lower back. 

After I get that all fixed I think I will have my head examined!  LOL

Got a puppy named Gracie she is great therapy as long as I do not die from blood loss, she draws blood every time she gets near me playing.

She has drawn blood on Gene several times so far.

All is good here I am hitting the junk yards again and loving it.  I am slower now so only one yard a day instead of several.

Time heals all wounds.

Looking forward to the last half of 2017 being more productive and less emergency room visits!  LOL

#56 VTR

VTR

Datsunahaulic

• 41,197 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 01:22 AM

Wow Charlie! 

Such an ordeal to go through,glad to hear you're getting back to activity and into it.

I also wish for no emergency room visits for you! 

- M.Bison

#57 Cosmonaut

Cosmonaut

• PipPipPipPip
  • 626 posts
  • Cars:1977 F10, 1976 620, 1995 Subaru Impreza, 2015 Hyundai Veloster Turbo

Posted 22 June 2017 - 05:31 AM

Steve Austin has nothing on you Charlie....glad your junkyard dog days have returned.

#58 DanielC

DanielC

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,568 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 06:04 AM

Good to hear of your progress, continue to get better.

I do not know exactly how the hospital, to convalescent home, to home therapy process in Arizona works, but in dealing with several trips to the hospital with my elderly mother, I learned what different homes and rehab companies are better and worse for her.  When being discharged from the Hospital, I could choose what one was better for her.  Sometime a facility will look really nice, but the people at a more run down and not as new building will actually be better for you.  In your case, do some research, find a place now that has the food you need to meet your diabetic needs.

Be very careful with drugs prescribed to you.  Be aware of the side effects, try to get off then as soon as possible.  Make sure the drug treats the root cause of the problem, not covers the symptoms.  But you still need to listen to your doctor, but question them, and ask why this drug.

As far as the puppy goes, I played a game with my dogs I call "bite this".   All puppies naturally play bite and chew on things.  When they are with their mother dog, if a puppy nips her, she immediately bites them back.  Humans cannot do this.  What I did do, is when playing with your puppy, and they want to bite or nip you, put their foot or tail in their mouth, and let them bite that.  This teaches the dog that biting causes pain, and they learn not to bite hard when playing.

"Time heals all wounds."  Very true.  Your body is fearfully and wonderfully made.   Know and respect that, and let your body work itself out, with knowledge of when to push it, and when to allow it to rest and recover.

More prayers, and hope for speedy recovery.

#59 KELMO

KELMO

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,879 posts
  • Cars:71 Goon, 72 1200 coupe x 2, 69 F250

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:22 AM

With all the stuff you are getting fixed on your body, are you sure YOU'RE not a Datsun? :poke:

Hope all the things you have lined up go well for you and you have speedy reecoveries.

NISMO: Nissan Impresses Sluts More Often
"Well, primer gray IS a color..." (quote: Kelmo's wife)

#60 240zness

240zness

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,813 posts
  • Cars:'71 240z, '80 200sx

Posted 22 June 2017 - 11:45 AM

Good luck , stay healthy