Charlie 69........

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

Next time anyone talks with charlie ask him why he is harboring refugees on his shorts, today me and him went to a junkyard and when we got back he has a refugee on his shorts and it scared the piss out if him. It was a Kodak moment but I was driving and couldnt get to my camera quick enough. He was sweating cuz I had to help him get the refugee off from his shorts with my foot with out hurting him or the refugee biting him

• Like 2

I had forgtten about this thread.

I broke my right hip on February 21st 2017.  Of course I broke the damn thing in a way that they could not replace the hip.  So 3 cuts 2 screws (look like wood screws from the local Home Depot) and an 18" rod my my hip is back together.

I broke the top of the femur off and crushing it in the process.

I saw the surgeon yesterday for my 4 month follow up and he said he was happy with the results.  This pissed me off because I am the one that should be happy with the results,  I am pleased I can walk and not pleased because of the limp and the fact that my right leg is a little shorter now.

720 Oly mentioned this does not keep me from laying on a creeper working on my Datsuns.  I can lay just fine it is the getting up that is a struggle.

All joking a side I am very pleased with the results from the surgery.

I was placed in a convalescent home for 30 days.  I am diabetic and they did not have diabetic meals.  So for breakfast I ate plain oatmeal and powdered scrambled eggs I called gruel.  Lunch and dinner consisted of Iceberg lettuce salads.  I lost over 40 pounds in the 30 cays I was in there.  The problem with the weight loss was it was muscle not fat.  when I was released I had old lady arms where the skin hangs down with no muscle tone.  My legs looked like a starving persons legs from Bangladesh!

I completed my PT in 4 weeks after being held out of PT for 7 weeks after the surgery.  4 weeks in the home and then 1 week getting my appointments scheduled and 2 weeks of withdrawals from Oxycontin and Oxycodone.

It is all good now and I hope to get right hand surgery in July, left rotator cuff surgery in August, and left knee replacement surgery in October.

Next year will be 2 hip replacements and neck and lower back. 

After I get that all fixed I think I will have my head examined!  LOL

Got a puppy named Gracie she is great therapy as long as I do not die from blood loss, she draws blood every time she gets near me playing.

She has drawn blood on Gene several times so far.

All is good here I am hitting the junk yards again and loving it.  I am slower now so only one yard a day instead of several.

Time heals all wounds.

Looking forward to the last half of 2017 being more productive and less emergency room visits!  LOL

• Like 4

Good to hear of your progress, continue to get better.

I do not know exactly how the hospital, to convalescent home, to home therapy process in Arizona works, but in dealing with several trips to the hospital with my elderly mother, I learned what different homes and rehab companies are better and worse for her.  When being discharged from the Hospital, I could choose what one was better for her.  Sometime a facility will look really nice, but the people at a more run down and not as new building will actually be better for you.  In your case, do some research, find a place now that has the food you need to meet your diabetic needs.

Be very careful with drugs prescribed to you.  Be aware of the side effects, try to get off then as soon as possible.  Make sure the drug treats the root cause of the problem, not covers the symptoms.  But you still need to listen to your doctor, but question them, and ask why this drug.

As far as the puppy goes, I played a game with my dogs I call "bite this".   All puppies naturally play bite and chew on things.  When they are with their mother dog, if a puppy nips her, she immediately bites them back.  Humans cannot do this.  What I did do, is when playing with your puppy, and they want to bite or nip you, put their foot or tail in their mouth, and let them bite that.  This teaches the dog that biting causes pain, and they learn not to bite hard when playing.

"Time heals all wounds."  Very true.  Your body is fearfully and wonderfully made.   Know and respect that, and let your body work itself out, with knowledge of when to push it, and when to allow it to rest and recover.

More prayers, and hope for speedy recovery.

• Like 3

With all the stuff you are getting fixed on your body, are you sure YOU'RE not a Datsun? :poke:

Hope all the things you have lined up go well for you and you have speedy reecoveries.

• Like 3