Charlie 69........

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap! Charlie, man, what the hell?!? I step away for a couple of weeks to shepherd my wife through her total hip replacement surgery and I come back to read this?!? Unbelievable!

Given our experience, I hope they just replaced the damn thing for you. Two weeks out and my Mary is doing exceptionally well. it looks like the surgery will be a big improvement for her.

On the other hand, healing a broken hip is, I understand, a more difficult and protracted recovery. The one thing I can say about it all is do your damn PT. I know it is lousy, but doing it makes ALL the difference.  My wife is a health nazi- a five days a week at the gym gal. (Opposites attract, you know. 44 years together.) Anyway, she jumped all over her rehab challenge and literally 12 days out, she is in pretty damn good shape. Her other hip gets replaced in May.    PT, man. do it!

Bottom line is, fixing a hip aint gonna limit you from lying on your back, on a creeper, in the driveway. That‘s the good news, if you ask me.

Heal man. The old joint needs you hanging around.

• Like 2

Anybody heard anything about good old Charlie69 lately? I miss the guy- one of the only faithful readers that I had here. anyway, I hope he is recovering okay. If not, dibs on his 720 shit. (“I keed, I keed!“)

• Like 3