faulty turn signals on 84 nissan pickup

Sal9550

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Turn your turn signal on with the ignition on.

Move the four way emergency flasher switch slightly towards the on position. When the turn signal starts flashing stop.

Years ago I spent an hour helping a friend get his flashers working. To prevent a turn signal flasher interfering with the four way emergency flasher the switch disconnects power to the turn flasher when the 4 way is turned ON. When you turn the 4 way OFF the switch re-connects the turn signal power... what often happens is the switch goes right past the connection and they stop working. By moving the 4 way switch slightly towards ON you re-connect them.

This seems to be a somewhat common problem with the 720. It's a design problem with the 4 way switch.

• Like 3

Thanks for the tip! That was the problem and now it's solved. This was my late husbands work truck and I'm trying to decide if I should keep it. The other problem it has is the sensor light has been coming on steady but faint unless I'm using the turn signals, then it flashes bright red. Do you have a solution for this one?

OK

Here is what the sensor light means, how it operates and how to 'service' it.

by Mike Cieply:

The sensor light is a maintenance reminder. It is programmed to come on at 50k and 90k, at 60 k you are supposed to check  the 02 sensor and replace if needed, after that, there is a one wire connector (believe the wire is brown) under the cluster (below clock under the dash) you take it apart and swap it to the other one wire connector, it will go off until 90 k, check o2s again and replace if needed, then disconnect the connector entirely and the light will never return ( this is per the Nissan FSM)

My 76 710 a counter like an hour meter (so do similar year cars and trucks) on the pass side that sets off a warning lamp to remind you to clean and service your EGR valve.