how much is it worth

Arkrider410

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what you paid for it. Add the cost of anything you bought and added to it. Pay yourself $0.25 an hour for all the work you did on it. Estimate the value of the gas in the tank. Add it up and add 10% for your trouble. Post here...  http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/15-trucks/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  . Expect to get 2/3 of what you want for it. This is an enjoyment tax. Datsun owners mostly keep their Datsuns because they are worth more in their minds that what people will pay for them.

It will sell for what someone is willing to pay for it.

Your location might make it a rarity but likewise, there may be no market. Like having one at the south pole. Time may limit how long you may want to wait for the perfect buyer. Look around on e Bay, craigslist , auto trader for similar sales in your general area but ultimately take a guess, post it and wait, or lower the price till it sells. You might entertain the idea of just storing it safely and waiting for a future opportunity to restart your project.

The above were assuming it WAS running. If you have to fix it first add that to your asking price.

Store it and fix up later. There's no money in Datsuns.

• Like 2

Dude get off the fence. Sell or don't. Put a price on it and advertise it. It will either sell or not. Lower the price and it will sell or not. Keep going until it sells or the price isn't worth it. Then stick behind barn. It will sell for what someone is willing to pay for it not what others sold for on craigslist..

Its not that it hard to let go i got it to flip

There's no money in Datsuns.

Rare to find one out there. This makes fixing it up an investment in time, effort and money. The more you spend on it, the more you have to ask for it, the less anyone will want it and the more likely that you will keep it rather than throw away your money.  This is what being a vintage car owner is like. Too much time effort and money invested to just give it away.

Try selling it right now. For what you paid + $500 and say it's running. See if there are any bites.

if it helps to put it in perspective, I sold a '74 short bed 620 for $800 with the motor pulled out. Mostly clean except for dents on the fender and cab (big dent too, ran people away), and that I had switch out the hood for the '79 long bed I had just bought (lol). I'm probably super late to the party, but if you want it gone, someone will take it. eventually.