Project Avocado - 1971 1200 Coupe - USA

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the turn signals are not working with lights on due to LED bulbs in the dash cluster.

Also the buzzing noise was the seat belt warning buzzer not the flasher. Unplugged the wire from the buzzer.

Took it for a test drive last night and the hood flew up and smashed the windshield. Just my luck.

• Like 1

Have 2 1200's one with the firewall slots and one without, I always check to make sure the hood is secure before I drive. Hoods and windshields are very hard to come by. Sad to hear about that.

• Like 1

Other than troubleshooting wiring problems, today I tore out the old heater hoses that were blocked off.

Replaced with new genuine heater hoses. Now have working heat!

Out with the old, in with the new
1i8juwjh.jpg

Also put new floor plugs in. The cheapo ones from China are 1mm to small but I managed to make them work
d1X5y01h.jpg

Bought a steering wheel adapter and changed out the steering wheel. Wired up the horn with a little wiring adjustment. Horn works!

pw38Rd3h.jpg

X47kCj4h.jpg

PzLtWK3h.jpg

Two things left to do other than sort out wiring issues. Need a piece of carpet for the top of transmission tunnel. Also need to POR15 the underside of the new floor pans still.

• Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

The little avocado Coupe is running brilliant! It's very fun to drive. Adjusted the hood slightly and it closes and opens once again. There's not too much else to do to this avocado Coupe. A few little tiny bits here and there but this car is nearly close to being original once again. It is up for sale lots of Interest. Need to focus on my ute. I would keep it if I could don't get me wrong but there are reasons why I need to sell it unfortunately. I don't know if I'll ever come across a coop like this again on the East Coast fingers crossed

• 2 weeks later...