What is this?

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If the way of the Datsun holds true, and I suspect it will, if it's attempted to drive to Burning Man and be killed, it will likely break down in self-preservation on the way there, or poke the offending owner in the balls with a seat spring and render him to the hospital.

The Datsun Gods shall speak when needed.

• Like 1

Burning that one up would be a total shame. The drivers interior is beautiful. Dash, seats and door cards look gorgeous! 

Seriously, give it a good tune up and some fresh fluids and take it there AND BACK! Enjoy your new ride. It truely is a classic.

There was one here locally that sold for about 5K around a year ago. I really wanted it but just couldn't get the funds together fast enough. Someone else beat me to it. 

• Like 2

I don't think you're intentionally destroying your rvs. Like I said, take it to burning man and enjoy it. I have a feeling you'll fall in love with it or want to sell it once you're done.

Make sure its tuned up and in good operating condition and it should treat you right. If all goes well it will just need a good cleaning to get all the dust out of it's nether regions.

You never know, you could have just been going through rvs to get to this one :)

• Like 2

Blown up Datsun L series engines are a sigh of neglect and abuse by their owners. Simple as that. They are virtually impossible to 'blow up' if you keep filled with oil and water and don't over heat them. How friggin' hard is that??? 

• Like 3

Well, you could be like one of my previous roommates.  "The brakes are making a funny noise."  Inspect brakes, backing plate of brake pad lathed into rotor, halfway through rotor.

Well today i realize a few lies the seller told me. I think it might be stolen. He did a bait and switch on me for the paperwork.

What do you mean? How did you come to this conclusion? Swapped VIN or something. What's the VIN

• Like 1

It's on the left inner fender (that's the driver's side) just forward of the hood hinge and above the coil. There's also a plate on the driver's door jam. (that's the driver's side)

The matching frame # is on the top of the right frame rail (that's the passenger side) just forward of the engine mount. Use a wire brush.

I can't find a hard plated vin on it.
There is a vin stamped to the rv part
43115. No vin plate under the battery by the bumper. 2 holes where I expected to see it after reading forums.

Sure didn't read that here.

• Like 2

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B4sHG3wNB63jZllqWFQ0cGRiUWM

Well today i realize a few lies the seller told me. I think it might be stolen. He did a bait and switch on me for the paperwork.

How TF do you buy something that is stolen????

Buys Datsun RV so can drive to BM and eventually trash it.

Does not post pictures.

Then has one day to decide (something not clear)

Then asks what it's worth. (even though just bought it)*

(here the thread becomes a half ass for sale ad... please buy this camper from me or I'll burn it))

I have no idea what it's worth. That's why I came here. My Friend wanted me to understand why it should not go to BM. I Put it on CL at ten k to see, n I have an offer of 6k for a guy who wants to restore it. (Buff it?) I can totally respect getting it to someone who will appreciate it... but I do want a fair price. She's seriously nice.

Yet you just bought it?

.... and now it's stolen? SMH.

My troll detecter is making weird sounds....what does this mean??

If stolen and you sell it knowingly or burn it you are guilty of a crime. Now everyone knows genius.

• Like 1

Well, you could be like one of my previous roommates. "The brakes are making a funny noise." Inspect brakes, backing plate of brake pad lathed into rotor, halfway through rotor.

We used to have a rotor on the wall at the parts plus I worked at that was pretty much just the fins, the lady said the "just started to make a noise" the average person doesn't have the mental capacity to maintain a vehicle.....but they can have as many kids as they want!

• Like 1

Personally, if not a troll or a stolen vehicle, I kinda hope it does burn and leave you stranded instead of being able to turn a major profit off one of the members here.

With no harm to you beyond the inconvenience of it all of course, I'm not that much of an asshole.

• Like 2

All I did was ask what it was, and what its worth once you guy said no not take it to the burn. I posted links to the pictures.

So I got paper work figured out. It still on a pink slip. It was never transferred out of the original owners name. You guys are right. It's too precious of a thing to expose to the elements of the Burn. I have it parked in Vallejo. The breaks are being redone and new tires.

No. It's not for sale. I still gave it to my girlfriend. Those of you who helped me with knowledge, thank you.

• Like 2

All I did was ask what it was, and what its worth once you guy said no not take it to the burn. I posted links to the pictures.

So I got paper work figured out. It still on a pink slip. It was never transferred out of the original owners name. You guys are right. It's too precious of a thing to expose to the elements of the Burn. I have it parked in Vallejo. The breaks are being redone and new tires.

No. It's not for sale. I still gave it to my girlfriend. Those of you who helped me with knowledge, thank you.

Remember, it's the internet. :lol: 

You're cool in my book :cool: 

• Like 1

You bought it, so you know what it's worth.... at least what YOU paid for it. What you're asking is, what it might sell for here or elsewhere so you can flip it for profit rather that destroy it when you are done with it.

I have no idea what it's worth. That's why I came here. My Friend wanted me to understand why it should not go to BM. I Put it on CL at ten k to see, n I have an offer of 6k for a guy who wants to restore it. (Buff it?) I can totally respect getting it to someone who will appreciate it... but I do want a fair price. She's seriously nice.

What did you pay for it, that you would take to BM and destroy it??? A few hundred bucks? I can't see anyone paying more just to trash it. Tell the guy who offered you $6,000 that you'll sell it to him for twice what you paid for it... $1,000. You get the use of it, then sell for twice what you paid... That fair.

I've already stated, I'm not selling.

I traded a class a rv, that wasn't road worthy (burning man beater) for an 83 Dodge Mirada, 2 crotch rockets, a trailer, and a old Datsun. So no. I didn't know what it was nor how much it was worth. Thig guy saw my rv, told me he was being evicted and needed a roof for him an his old lady. Went to his place n it was covered in cars. So i said, i want that car, that camper, those 2 bikes and that trailer to move the bikes. He said deal. My Friend then said "Dude, don't bring that camper to burning man. You have no idea what you have there. Go log into a Datsun Forum. They'll tell you. "

So, no, it's not going to Burning man. You guys convinced me to protect this thing. No, it's not for sale. I gave it to my girlfriend. I'm sorry I didn't figure out the photo bucket thing quick enough.

• Like 1