Copper 86 Regular cab

Copper86

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did my Titan rims the same way to fit them up to the hubs of my '84 720. Worked amazingly well with a router since the RPMs are so high on a router.....went through the aluminum like butter !!

Are you using the original lug nuts from the titan wheels? I recently purchased a set of OEM titan lugnuts and realized the acorn style lugnuts were starting to back off.

• 1 year later...

I did and never looked back. They sent me e-mail saying sorry and new management, I told them to fuck off. Every PB picture I see posted has Proudly Hosted by Photobucket stamped on it. WTF???? PB must have retards working in management.

I recently did the 280 water pump swap and made a bracket for a fan off of a 2015 Sentra, trying to keep it all nissan. Without that fan whirl, the top end of the motor seems even louder now than before. Any tricks to getting this z24 to not sound like it’s got marbles bouncing around under the valve cover. I already tried to Lucas oil stabilizer, seemed to help but not enough. 

Set the valve lash to 0.012" or check it. Do this on a hot engine, where it's actually operating. I NEVER recommend an oil additive, ever. But I do recommend a diesel oil with it's properly higher level of ZDDP in it. I run 15w40 Shell Rotella T4 although there is also 10w30. Always change the filter with the oil and never ever use fram filters. 

Check the timing is 5 degrees +/- 2 degrees BTDC. 

I did have an Xterra VG fan but ended up with a pair of Subaru fans. Would have preferred Nissan stuff too. 

I’ve never set the valve lash before so I’ll try that one day when I get some free time, working on my 720 is my distraction from the C10 that I’m building so I may not be able to mess with it too much. I work in a body shop so I’m always coming across electric fans for free that are replaced for just minimal damage but are still useable.