Injection & EFI controller 280z

chrumo

Hi Guys, I'm very much beginner in this topic and I restoring my car with some freestyle mechanics (how I would like to call them)

I bought a car without EFI controller A11-601000 - as I have 280z '77 on California specs. So when I start the engine it runs for a 3 seconds and stops. Fuel pump and filter works fine. But when we checked EFI controller receives signal but doesn't gives back. Did you try fixing computer? If yes how to approach this. Another thing is that amount of active pins on computer is different from those on connector. Does this matter?

Thanks a lot, hope this makes sense. HELP :)

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If it does not have the correct EFI box then what box do you have in it now???? Maybe it's from a 4 cylinder or a much later 280zx????? 

A11-601000 is the correct box for '77 and '78 280z Federal and California emissions automatic cars.

I don't think the ECU sends power to the injectors, instead power is sent to a set of dropping resistors, then to the injectors. From the injectors to the pins on the ECU which turns the ground on and off to fire them.