510 clutch slave cylinder hose mm.?

Humboldt

I am trying to minimize my under car time reaching down engine bay to replace clutch slave cylinder hose. It feels like a 19mm wants to go on (the rubber hose side that goes to the bracket on the chassis with the metal hose on the other side. THis isn't an SAE fitting--inch-fraction-- is it?  Thanks for any info on what I hope is a quick dumb question! 

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Your profile says 720 so PL510 or the later HL510? Both would be a metric fitting on the hard line side and the matching flex line. 

Ah I see that they both use the same part The PL/HL510 flex line from Mar '69  is 46212-21000 and about $25 but any flex line that will fit for length will work. I think brake flex lines will work too.

• Like 1

Thanks datzenmike I am going to NAPA to pick up flex hose. BTW I tried to update my profile to include the 72 goon I am working on.  On the 720 (80 L20B) I recently was dogged by problems with the truck stalling. I replaced fuel filter (under filler pipe in front of rear passenger side door) switched coils, new dizzy cap and rotor . . .nuthin! So I plugged as many vacuum lines to and from the carburetor and voila--it's running like a champ. In Humboldt you only have to smog it once-- at time of purchase.

switched it out. 10mm on the metal hose side, 17 on the flex. Had to use a vise grips on the 10-hate doing it- only 2 barked arthritic knuckles out of the deal. That helped my memory. fluid=black. boring stuff compared to a KA swap so I will shut TF up. Hope to fire up this sleeping beauty soon.

• Like 1

Those small metal tube nuts get very hard to loosen. Before I hit them with a vise-grip, I try heating it up with a torch.

You don't have to get it very hot (and be careful what else you're aiming the flame at). Hit it with heat for 5-6 seconds and immediately try it with a wrench. If that doesn't work, squirt it with WD40 and walk away. When it cools it will draw the lubricant into the threads making it easier to loosen.

No more vise-grip.

• Like 1