NO F'ING RESPECT! WTF????

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What limit and who the fuck checks that anyway? It's not like they come to your house and read your mileage. I don't have a limit with Hagerty.

No one checks.

Until you make a claim that is. Then they can quickly divide by years and say "sorry". This is my concern, not experiance speaking.

• Like 1

someone hit my wifes BMW on monday. no note or anything. didnt do too much damage, popped the bumper out and put a small dent below the pass tail light. $900 in damage but still a pissoff. how do you miss a BRIGHT RED BMW????

You mean something like this

car-on-car_zpsrcm7wd48.png

I had State Farm. Had Stanley fixed a couple of times. They deemed him totalled but he was a salvaged car when I got him so whatever. I'm never getting rid of him no matter what the title says. He got fixed and I didn't care. Some dumb ass girl ran a stop sign and hit him. Her insurance had to pay up. If your car isn't already a salvaged title fight for them to not total it if that is a concern of yours. Make them fix it. They total cars for the dumbest things these days. I have Hagerty insurance now cause it's actually a bit cheaper AND they insure'd him for more money. Thankfully haven't had to use them.

Sucks this happened to you girl. I would be livid.

How much do you pay for hagerty if you do t mind me asking ... I need to get a better insurance I daily mine but I want to be covered

How much do you pay for hagerty if you do t mind me asking ... I need to get a better insurance I daily mine but I want to be covered

$166 for the year. It was actually cheaper the previous year. I think it went up $50. But they insure Stanley for $3500 more than State Farm did on their classic car insurance so naturally I dropped SF and got Hagerty.

$166 for the year. It was actually cheaper the previous year. I think it went up $50. But they insure Stanley for $3500 more than State Farm did on their classic car insurance so naturally I dropped SF and got Hagerty.

Wth? I pay 1,000 something for mercury and it isn't full coverage ... I need to change asap

• 4 weeks later...

So, here's an update...after paying my $500 deductible, I ended up getting paid out about $750 & some change. State Farm was decent to work with overall but still not sure it was worth making a claim. Today I enlisted the help of a buddy who helped me pound out the damage. It came out pretty good...all things considered. My brother has a friend who's gonna quote me on doing some proper body work & a paint job on the whole car. I also just picked up a NOS (in original box) vinyl top in my wagon's original vinyl color (blue) & I'm considering having the rattle can job I did on the top stripped off and super duper treated to retard any rust development & then have the NOS vinyl top installed. I know that historically these vinyl tops were just rust magnets due to being applied to untreated, unpainted metal BUT, I love the original look. Anyone have advice on this crazy notion of mine? 

BEFORE PIC....

20160812_185041_zpsos8jxzyc.jpg

AFTER PICS...

20160917_181828_zps6dxsmueo.jpg

20160917_181900_zpsthy37jwo.jpg

• Like 1

Remember the landau roof of the mid '70s??? Yeah you won't find many around as they bubbled and blistered with rust under the vinyl from trapped moisture. I worked for GM in the paint shop and when one came down the line marked for the half vinyl roof the automatic over head paint spray was turned off to save paint. I would make sure the metal is double protected and sealed under it.

• Like 2

Remember the landau roof of the mid '70s??? Yeah you won't find many around as they bubbled and blistered with rust under the vinyl from trapped moisture. I worked for GM in the paint shop and when one came down the line marked for the half vinyl roof the automatic over head paint spray was turned off to save paint. I would make sure the metal is double protected and sealed under it.

Yeah Mike, I remember you mentioning that fact to me before.When I 1st got my wagon it still had vinyl on just the back hatch but the rest of the top had long since baked & crumbled so the previous owner scraped it off & applied several coats of white house paint. That's why I wasn't too concerned with throwing my navy blue rattle can job on it.

I was hoping that modern technology might offer more protection from trapped moisture & I might have a positive result. If anyone out there has products they'd recommend...I'd be most appreciative to hear about them.

Thanks!