Super Modified

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Plus I dropped off the steering arm, shock mount, nerf bars and bumpers in Fresno to get chromed! I am a little scared that the wife might see the bill and kill me! I didn't take steering arm pictures, but it is just a dom tube with heim ends lol.

20160827_112354.jpg

Ug well I learned something the hard way. I gues you don't get a good powder coating with magnesium parts. It has flaws and is a different color then the aluminum brake hat ug.

I am going to have to learn more about magnesium painting, I have some big magnesium wheels that need to be restored. So if anyone has worked with magnesium parts please give me some advice??? Any advice would be much appreciated!

• Like 1

20160827_115645.jpg

The brake brackets that my Dad thought where for the super modified where wrong. So these will go back to the International ice cream pickup storage intill maybe the next project.

The new one's I will make move the caliper to clear the shock and let the grease fitting be usable. I will also buff the aluminum brackets I make!

20160827_122506.jpg

The modern brake's are because it isn't worth wrecking a vintage racecar when you have no pedal. Plus these are cheaper then the rebuild kit for the original style brakes that never worked for a hole main event. They do use the same brakes to mount so it could be returned back to original if I wanted too.

20160827_161431.jpg20160827_161439.jpg20160827_161449.jpg

• Like 1

Have you checked in any not stupid states? Might be worth it even with shipping if highly important to you

I will start looking after this weekend for a shop that dips magnesium parts. The right rear is 19" wide but it splits into two pieces, I have and want to get too sets restored. I would like to have a dirt set mounted and a pavement set mounted. But I am at the races Wednesday to Saturday this week!

• 2 weeks later...

I had two cut the original fuel cell mounts off and replace them with new one's. I also made a new fuel filter mount! The new fuel cell is eight gallons and barely fits, know one makes a short rectangular fuel cell like the original and a custom bladder was going to cost two grand ug.

20160910_161935.jpg20160910_161917.jpg

20160910_142212.jpg20160910_142227.jpg

20160910_141828.jpg