Suspension advice!

SUNRADER LANDON

They don't really, one has to set them up to haul weight like that, but the thing about this is that the axle is not meant to handle these kind of loads, it takes its toll on them, I have wore out 2 dually axles in the last 10/15 years, and even though I have the V6 Hardbody dual piston caliper front disc brakes, the truck really don't stop that great, I have to drive way ahead of myself.

OMG who knew those little trucks could carry such weight! Wow.

• Like 1
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The old 520 was rated at one tonne. This is a metric ton or just over 2,200 pounds! They lowered the rating for the later 521 to half that but I suspect they kept the same springs and just moved numbers around on paper. I had a '72 521 and it would carry a ton.

My 620 had F-150 rear springs with a Datsun spring on top for the eyelets. Yeah, it was stiff.

• Like 1

The thing about these Nissan axles is that the C200 dually axle is rated at 1700lbs while the H190 is rated at over a ton, so the H190 is rated for more weight.

The tires I use on my work truck are car tires, they are rated at 1500lbs max each, so two tires are good for 3000lbs max, while the dually axle has 4 tires, so the tires are good for 6000lbs max, I can haul more with 4 tires, but the axle is not rated to take these types of weight, well one thing I have concluded over the years is that Nissan over builds their axles, I have never had an issue with the bearings on the C200 nor the H190, so I load them up without giving it a second thought.

I put a new roof on my house a few years ago, I loaded all the stripped off roofing in my work truck and took it to the dump, I weighed in at 7200lbs, and I weighed out at 3400lbs, I hauled 3800lbs of roof materials in the truck, and it stopped alright, in the past I have hauled so much that it didn't stop worth a shit, at any speed.

I am not suggesting that anyone put these weights on their trucks, the axles are not rated for it, I take the chance of breaking down every time I load it up, so far I have been lucky, especially considering how I treat my truck(beat the shit out of it daily).

• Like 1

The thing about these Nissan axles is that the C200 dually axle is rated at 1700lbs while the H190 is rated at over a ton, so the H190 is rated for more weight.

The tires I use on my work truck are car tires, they are rated at 1500lbs max each, so two tires are good for 3000lbs max, while the dually axle has 4 tires, so the tires are good for 6000lbs max, I can haul more with 4 tires, but the axle is not rated to take these types of weight, well one thing I have concluded over the years is that Nissan over builds their axles, I have never had an issue with the bearings on the C200 nor the H190, so I load them up without giving it a second thought.

I put a new roof on my house a few years ago, I loaded all the stripped off roofing in my work truck and took it to the dump, I weighed in at 7200lbs, and I weighed out at 3400lbs, I hauled 3800lbs of roof materials in the truck, and it stopped alright, in the past I have hauled so much that it didn't stop worth a shit, at any speed.

I am not suggesting that anyone put these weights on their trucks, the axles are not rated for it, I take the chance of breaking down every time I load it up, so far I have been lucky, especially considering how I treat my truck(beat the shit out of it daily).

That is what I do with my trucks use them hard and put them away wet.