Bonneville Speed Week 2016 pictures and video!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, so I just uploaded 79 pictures to photophucket.  That's only a small portion of what I actually took.  I'll upload a few now, but I'm tired, probably going to go to sleep.  I'll update more later.  

IMG_8390_zpswyvzwxc5.jpg

IMG_8400_zpsfx0vvftu.jpg

IMG_8391_zpsjh3qaq51.jpg

IMG_8384_zpskvyugozr.jpg

IMG_8377_zpstjehxpyu.jpg

IMG_8364_zps1jdaann0.jpg

IMG_8352_zpspxrp2af6.jpg

IMG_8348_zpsk6y6cxvt.jpg

• Like 3

These are going to be posted in reverse order since I uploaded them to photobucket and the newest shows first.  Oh well, not going to change it up now, reverse order they come!

IMG_8347_zps6p48gej2.jpg

IMG_8346_zpstfkoy6nx.jpg

IMG_8341_zpsyxhntn6y.jpg

IMG_8337_zpsqdmuezra.jpg

IMG_8286_zpsl24dwc35.jpg

IMG_8314_zpsub6rsjk8.jpg

IMG_8329_zpslpr25ekb.jpg

IMG_8287_zps47rtsb6m.jpg

IMG_8280_zpsksrferal.jpg

IMG_8275_zpsyamtsxd7.jpg

IMG_8281_zpsgj4dcgnd.jpg

IMG_8279_zpsvivxlys8.jpg

IMG_8266_zpshrtuq7g4.jpg

IMG_8277_zpst2x0nb9y.jpg

• Like 7

In case you're wondering why the truck has yellow on the cowl, I taped over my air ducts so it didn't force feed salt granules or salt spray into the heater box and ducting.  Don't have AC, so it's not like they're going to do any good anyway!  And if you want bigger images, just pm me.  I have full size images that I'll be happy to send to you at no charge whatsoever! ;)

IMG_8274_zpsy76smo9z.jpg

IMG_8253_zps7pvfc0wj.jpg

Best idea ever from Hot Rod Magazine. Tape garbage bags to your floor pan, salt is a bitch to get out of carpets, and then just continues to rot the vehicle.  Great idea, worked like a charm, even with two pairs of shoes.

IMG_8265_zpsvjrkq7nw.jpg

IMG_8273_zps84j5k39l.jpg

IMG_8264_zpsdeuxnqgj.jpg

IMG_8262_zpskgtgye1n.jpg

IMG_8255_zpsmru5nux1.jpg

IMG_8250_zpsimuyxtku.jpg

IMG_8244_zpsiegyxuyg.jpg

IMG_8242_zpsacbcjfec.jpg

IMG_8237_zpskct9l2qh.jpg

IMG_8234_zps0sqmijwv.jpg

IMG_8230_zpsi1uc3ucw.jpg

• Like 3

IMG_8147_zpsdjdkpqdi.jpg

IMG_8138_zpszm0i2krf.jpg

IMG_8135_zpsmdwhev3n.jpg

IMG_8140_zpscxy65rsy.jpg

IMG_8142_zps6osiucdi.jpg

IMG_8143_zpsrkeforvr.jpg

IMG_8123_zpsnfmx1ygi.jpg

IMG_8116_zpsqebftcg4.jpg

IMG_8124_zpsykobsffj.jpg

IMG_8093_zpsfmelc8ud.jpg

IMG_8111_zpsnivm1yqw.jpg

IMG_8104_zps3qs1qvol.jpg

I plan on exploring the abandoned concrete plant that's down the freeway from this one.  Lots of graffiti, great apocalyptical landscape.

• Like 4

I thought concrete, but you're right, it must be paper, no big round domes.  Definitely neat, if only we had paintball guns and a few more guys!  Insurance would be pretty horrid though. ;)  All the rubber and possible rebar/etc. sticking out waiting to lacerate or impale someone.  I'd still do it.

So today, think I'm going to check out the historic Wendover Air Force Base where they even have the Enola Gay!  Don't know if it's being restored or what, but definitely going to check it out.  Then heading up north.

Note, salt gets in EVERYTHING.  I spent $20 washing the truck last night, only to find more hidden salt deposits while respraying the fenderwells with Fluid Film.  My last can too.  So I'll do another quick run by the wash on the way out of town.  This shit is just weird.  Gets wet, sticks more until wet enough to fall off, but you have to pressure wash it off.  Otherwise it just clings.  Definitely going to have to do some water fording to remove the rest that might be where I can't see.  And even then I'll probably run it up on ramps when I get back and go to town with the hose underneath it.  Gonna get wet, gonna need goggles.

• Like 1

Very much enjoying your coverage Matt. It is nice to be reminded there are places more desolate than E WA. Looking at the weather report for Bonneville the temps don't look a lot different than here in E WA but out on the salt with no shade must make it seem a whole lot worse.

I don't know when you are coming back. Big wind coming from Canada predicted here for tomorrow (Thursday) and maybe Friday. I don't know how far south it may extend. Unfortunately it will probably set off lots of fires so you might keep an eye on the news during your return trip.

Len

Three things:

1.  It's a cement/lime plant, I have LOTS of videos and pictures of that from today.

2.  The Enola Gay hanger is at Wendover, the actual plane is in pieces at the Smithsonian.

3.  I am hot and tired and finally home.  And I only wanted to kill one asshole at the supermarket just now.  Too long a day, decided to hold my tongue on that asshole whining about how inconvenienced he was because there were long lines everywhere.  I waiting in line 5 minutes.  Literally.  Fucking pussy was open carrying some little shit pistol too.  Wish I would have been open carrying my .45.  But, I realize this is because I'm cranky and tired after a long fucking drive with no AC.  So I'll take the high road, take a shower, and relax my ass and be all excited when Rose comes over later tonight! :)

And I found a spot in the Snake River to drench the truck.  It's rather muddy now.  I'll be under it tomorrow with the hose, searching for any little last bits of salt.  That shit is sticky.

That was taken care of last night.  And this morning!  :)  And here are some more videos!  Should have uploaded a few more last night but got interrupted.  You know.

I heard this was 40 ci, which is actually 655 cc, so I don't know if it's a 450 cc motor stroked out or if that doesn't have any real designation on the wing.  Anyway, 220.3 mph on that pass. Pretty stinking fast for a weedwacker.

A fellow just commented on my youtube video, apparently the 450 was kph, their target. (279 mph.)

Exit 342.  Says "Lime" on the exit sign.  It's kind of in a bunch of smaller mountains, I-84 goes right through them.

Oh, and besides being a stellar performer, Gracie II managed an average of 19.84 mpg.  Not too bad with the hubs engaged for at least 60 miles or the trip or more and a lot of headwind sections.

• Like 1