Bonneville Speed Week 2016 pictures and video!

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes well, if that was the case I already would have done it.  Too little time, not to worry.  I'm fairly certain I have the truck prepared for one of the harshest automobile environments known to man.  Gracie II will prevail.  

13938610_1665740137080865_71820404737591

This is the miracle fluid I speak of.  Should work quite well from my reading.

13938437_1665740170414195_60851637286726

This is the new bicycle I picked up for cruising the 3+ mile long pits at Bonneville.  3 speed in the hub Sheffield Free Spirit.  Sold through Sears back in the day as I'm told.  Pretty sweet though!  Works nicely.

13886303_1665740190414193_63209625226717

Road box is now ready to go and save me in the event of an emergency! Hopefully none will occur.  Or at best, I can help another Datsun along the way.  No Priuses.  They can fuck right off.

• Like 5

I'm not quite that mad at them. ;) I need to get a sticker of the roadkill tank running over the Prius for the back window, with a sign that says, vehicles with no soul should be recycled. Or something to that effect. :)

Haha, the King has spoken!  Long live the King!  :D  Found one bad u joint in the front driveline, going to bring some spares, probably change it after one of the days.  It's still turning, but the rubbers are shot and tried to grease it and got hard all of a sudden.  No worries.  That's the nice thing about non-running front drivetrain and lockable hubs. ;)  Although, had it been turning all this time, it probably would have saved the u joint.  Just gets frozen from lack of use, so rarely need 4 wheel drive.

Vehicles borne without a soul are abomination and cannot be resurrected into the light. Let them be thrown into and sink to the bottom of the pit. Only vehicles worthy of redemption should be reborn.

How does a 94 Buick Roadmaster fit into this? 66 Nissan Patrol is the KING!

My older sister drives a newer Buick,,,,,,,,,, she says the ladies in her quilt making class tell her it's really neat..

She had an 88 le sabre that had really low miles...   Me and my now dead brother borrowed it one day to drive to get hamburgers in town,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ended up in Coeur d'alene Idaho... in a surprisingly short amount of time i might add. :rofl:

• Like 2

Yes, I quite agree! :)  I wouldn't mind having a Roadmaster to travel down there in.  I'd much rather take the wagon, but being '84 and already rust prone, I don't think I can do that to her.  My buddy Bill (WildmaninID) responded on fakebook last night.  Apparently he's been using Fluid Film up in Maine for the last 4 years with excellent non-rusting results.  So that makes me pretty happy.

How does a 94 Buick Roadmaster fit into this?

It doesn't.

It's like calling an A10 a 510.

No one even knew there was a Buick 'Roadmaster' until Rainman came out in '88. Hadn't been around since the late '50s. Still, there is nothing new under the sun, and GM, like the film industry remaking cartoon and comic book movies to recapture the 'old days' of once young readers now grown up, warmed up the leftovers in the back of the 'fridge and tried to make a meal out of it. If you want a 'real' Roadmaster you have to go back 60 years. To quote another comic book 'hero'.... "New cars.... they all look like electric shavers."...... Marve, SinCity

• Like 1

Anyway, besides the point!  I got Saturday off and so I'm taking the extra time to replace the u joint/s in the front driveshaft once I get it out, mow the lawn, and load up at a leisurely pace and then go to sleep early and drive down Sunday but NOT dog-ass tired from the work week!  Booyah!

Ratpatrol is already down there, lucky dog!

Alright you bitches!  This will be the last time I post in Spokane.  Next stop, the Salt Flats!  Whoohoo!  Got the bike loaded up, truck is packed and Fluid Filmed.  Just have to get my butt up tomorrow morning, pack a lunch, load the cooler and a few other items, then off we go!  Really glad I checked the u joints.  Rear shaft was fine, front was screwed!  Put in a brand new SKF u joint this morning, turns beautifully!  And brought two spares. Just in case. ;)

13879318_1667370903584455_90569885947824

13907068_1667370943584451_34200543089005

See you at the races!

• Like 4

Don't be jealous of my bike! You can get one just like it with careful Craigslist shopping! ;) So it's hot. No AC in the truck, I'm frigging beat. So I got to twin falls, got a fleabag motel 6, going to sleep early. Have a little less than 3 hours to get there tomorrow. Figure I'll shoot for 5am so I can drive while it's cooler.

• Like 3

Are you down here Abe? Cricket sucks and apparently so does my phone. Can't seem to do a mobile hot-spot. So sorry guys. You'll have to wait until I find free Wi-Fi or I'm back.

I can tell you it's hot as balls out here. If you take a shit in the porta potty death chamber, do so about 7-8 o clock. 1030 is horrible steam room hot. At 2 pm, even the time spent to pee is unbearably hot.

• Like 1

I got picture of that too!  You ARE down here!  Why the heck didn't you stop by and say hi?  I'm like seriously the only red hardbody pickup in existence down here! :)  And I sprung for the motel tonight, so I have wi-fi.  Which means I'm going to start downloading in a bit.  In AC.  Really wishing I had ac in Gracie II about now.

And that GMC motorhome did 119 mph.  I should have a video of it.

• Like 1