Spindle question for the 521

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A big change between 521 trucks, and 620 trucks is that 521 trucks use SAE "American" measurements, but 620 trucks are Metric.

A 620 brake drum will work on a 521, and the other way around.  A 620 rear brake cylinder will bolt on to a 521 rear brake plate, but you will need to use M8-1.25 nuts, and a M10-1.0 flare nut instead of 5/16-24 nuts and 3/8-24 flare nuts.

The frame of a 620 has many of the same sized parts as a 521, especially earlier 620 trucks, but again, use metric fasteners.  The 620 spindle may fit, but you may have to modify holes to the next larger metric size.   But look for a 521 part first. 

521 trucks also pop up in junkyards on occasion. 

Being you are in Port Angeles, Wa, and Datsuns are common on the west coast, I would think you could find a 521 spindle fairly easily.

I do not know if you have enough posts to be able to access the classifieds, yet.  Try sending a PM to the guy putting a 521 body on a 720 frame.  Other members doing frame swaps might also have the parts you need

Wrong coast? Datsuns are as rare as rocking horse shit out there. Contact Mklotz70 for info. I believe the 521 has an extinct bearing unique to it. If the 620 spindle was a swap 521 owners would do it to avoid the bearing problem. (just guessing here) Send him a private message... http://community.ratsun.net/user/11-mklotz70/?tab=reputation