Speakers

DatMo

So I've got a 510 wagon and I've got 6 speakers that I want to put into the car and I figured the best options would be two 6x9 in the cargo area, two normal 6" in the front door panels and 2 4.5" speakers under the dash but I know nothing of sound quality. Anyone recommend anything better to get a good sound in the car? I really don't want to put any in the passenger doors because it'll kind of seem like overkill to me.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From a true sound quality standpoint, 1 set of component speakers in the front alone with an amp will give you the best sound quality for the front seats.  For rear fill, 6x9 can be used in the cargo area, but it messes up the soundstage.  The benefit of 6x9 is that they can get better low frequency response, and will be useful for people in the rear seat.  I wouldn't mess with the other speakers were it me.....    

• Like 1

From a true sound quality standpoint, 1 set of component speakers in the front alone with an amp will give you the best sound quality for the front seats. For rear fill, 6x9 can be used in the cargo area, but it messes up the soundstage. The benefit of 6x9 is that they can get better low frequency response, and will be useful for people in the rear seat. I wouldn't mess with the other speakers were it me.....

Sounds fair. Just run those four and see where it goes from there then. Not a bad call. I'll still keep my mind open.
  • Like 1

Please don't cut the doors. Bass is enhanced by an enclosure so put the 6x9x in boxes. Bass (very lowest frequencies) is also not particularly directional so they can be placed anywhere convenient. As the frequency goes higher you need to separate L&R and raise the speaker positions more level with your ears, (near impossible in a vehicle) but it is an enclosed space so that does help.

• Like 1

Need sub(s) bazooka tubes are small and some have built in amp. Personaly i prefer 6" 2way or woofer with sep tweeters. Above mentioned bout fronts only. Yes quality sound,but proper enclosures take up space. Have mine in the doors of the 521. trucks a rattle box,these make worse. but with a sub under the seat. Its sounds damn good.

• Like 1