Speedhut gauges

DatMo

So I picked up. Gps speedo, tach, and fuel. I'm wondering how you guys mount yours and if I still need the stock setup at all. Let me know! Thanks in advance and as always, pictures help.

• Like 1
  • Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 5 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Got a write up in how to install those on the 620? Looks good

Just make a sheet of metal that fits the all stock spot and then cut a hole for your gauge. Fairly easy

Im pretty sure he ALSO wants something that looks good afterwards

Im pretty sure he ALSO wants something that looks good afterwards

the gauge is just about the entire size of the visible area in the stock 510 dash. You can paint it black and you wouldn't even be able to see it. It would serve as a mounting plate that's firm. Be my guest and use something less as sturdy. With the dash being black, you'll see a minimal amount of the metal anyways and if it were painted black, I don't think a single person besides the car's owner would know what it was... so yeah, something that functions well and looks even better.

Edit: this is the install on a 510 and I know this because I've done it. As far as a 620, it looks to be plug and play.

• Like 1

Tanker did this exact thing in his 510 just barely, then covered the metal plates with leather. I've seen various vehicles done with simple backer plates and look great.

I'm curious, if you guys think Datmos idea looks like crap, what looks good? Pics, instructions, for a better way?

He's not talking replace the bezel with metal, just mount the gauges behind the bezel on metal plates To hold them in proper location.

Here's a how-to.

IMG_5553_zps0olqnoff.jpgIMG_5557_zpsjdjpbkjc.jpg

Nothing big, but since its raining stayed in the garage and tried my hand at making something to mount gauges. Looks pretty good, could of been way better. But if all else its good enough for government work.

Mock up in car tomorrow and if it lines up close enough pull it off wrap the metal with a black leather and it should look pretty good.

• Like 3

the gauge is just about the entire size of the visible area in the stock 510 dash. You can paint it black and you wouldn't even be able to see it. It would serve as a mounting plate that's firm. Be my guest and use something less as sturdy. With the dash being black, you'll see a minimal amount of the metal anyways and if it were painted black, I don't think a single person besides the car's owner would know what it was... so yeah, something that functions well and looks even better.

Edit: this is the install on a 510 and I know this because I've done it. As far as a 620, it looks to be plug and play.

I've got a 620 which is why i was wondering. I want as factory looking as possible, like it was made that way from the factory. The vinyl/leather is a good idea though

Sorry DatMo, in all honesty I thought u were referring to the full gauge bezel being replaced with a sheet metal then holes cut onto it to fit the gauges. THAT was gonna look like crap. But i very much like the pictures shown above and now realize the TINY bit of metal showing is acceptable.

Sorry DatMo, in all honesty I thought u were referring to the full gauge bezel being replaced with a sheet metal then holes cut onto it to fit the gauges. THAT was gonna look like crap. But i very much like the pictures shown above and now realize the TINY bit of metal showing is acceptable.

No worries man. Miscommunications. It is the internet after all lol. I did a similar setup with the sheet metal but used wood. I don't have picture at the moment but I love it partly because it was my own creation. Shortly after, I saw someone create a wooden dash as well which was slightly disappointing. Best of luck man.

As far as wiring, I have speedhut gauges and they're all very easy to run. The gps tach needs a 12v and it'll work on its own. The others just connect to stock spots such as oil, fuel, and water. I also run a battery gauge because I always have wiring shit and there's also the rpm gauge which is I believe the negative side of the tach but I could be mistaken.