Building an l20b with a 210 head

logicali

The jury is in!!

Running 91 octane is the same as 94 octane. NO pinging and it actually runs a little cooler, just like my buddy said it would! He works around gasoline products and said the 94 octane would make the engine run hotter, and it is true,...according to my set-up.

Soooooo it wasn't my imagination.....ran 94 on last tank and motor ran hotter....I'll be damned....thanks for the input, i was already worrying....

• Like 1
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That he talks to pattern makers or he makes an all Al L20B? :lol:

An all aluminum L4.

I can call up Lockheed Martin, and ask them about making a special lunar lander, anyone can call any company.

But there is fantisy, and reality.......

The dividing line is fully dependant on the requester's bank account.

Octane makes fuel; harder to ignite. It becomes less sensitive to heat and auto ignition. Thus you can increase your timing closer to the ideal point without pinging. That said it may already be at this point and adding more octane is just a waste.

To bank roll R&D for an obscure and out of date head would be over the moon expensive. No one will buy one of the three dozen ones you make for $12,000 each. Needs twin cam and 4 valves... wait, they already have them.

Im running NGK plugs B6ES gapped at .041", stock electronic Hitachi dizzy, and timing is set at many trips around the block.

WRONG plugs to be gapped at .041".  You need the B8ES 11 or the BP6ES 11  OK if there is an R in the PN.  The 11 series plus is specific for the wide gap, the ones you have are NOT.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...