New 510 in the family

skyblue

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My shitty soldering didn't seal the leak in the radiator. So now I have to figure out if I recore this one. Or get a koyo. If I go koyo I will also have to get oil cooler for the AT. MORE WORK. So I am searching for a good radiator shop in Oakland to see about a recore.

My shitty soldering didn't seal the leak in the radiator. So now I have to figure out if I recore this one. Or get a koyo. If I go koyo I will also have to get oil cooler for the AT. MORE WORK. So I am searching for a good radiator shop in Oakland to see about a recore.

Radiator shops are getting harder to find down here. Last rad I had recorded was befor Katrina. I was able to get it befor the storm hit. If It would have been there when the storm hit I would have lost it. I don't know if they ever reopened. Good luck with it.

You try jb weld it?

im skeptical of using it on radiatos. 

Radiator shops are getting harder to find down here. Last rad I had recorded was befor Katrina. I was able to get it befor the storm hit. If It would have been there when the storm hit I would have lost it. I don't know if they ever reopened. Good luck with it.

I feel like radiators shops are a dying breed. definitely fewer and fewer ones here. thanks.

I think what i'm going to do is install a koyo radiator in my car, since i've been wanting to do that for a while now, and put my stock one in the gf's car. and keep the gf's radiator as a spare. maybe get it recored anyway, just to have it ready to go.

• Like 1

im skeptical of using it on radiatos.

I feel like radiators shops are a dying breed. definitely fewer and fewer ones here. thanks.

I think what i'm going to do is install a koyo radiator in my car, since i've been wanting to do that for a while now, and put my stock one in the gf's car. and keep the gf's radiator as a spare. maybe get it recored anyway, just to have it ready to go.

Sounds like a good plan, that way you'll have a spare.

don't know till you try.  Friends Honda had a small crack on top of his rad and it worked for him.

I've used it on carbs with fuel leaks and had no issues. I guess it wouldn't hurt to try. But I've already ordered the koyo so fuck it. Lol.

ill be heading to the radiator shop tomorrow in San Rafael, got to drop mine off and have them reattach the mounting bracket back on.  I was thinking maybe going Koyo too since this is going to cost me $100 anyway...

Dude. Koyo should have been in the initial budget. You can't run an old radiator on a brand spanking new engine. Get the koyo and keep the other as a spare.

• Like 1

how much for the wheels and hub caps?!   :rofl:  :rofl:

Hahaha. I thought u got some?

No regrets with the koyo thus far..!

Sweet. The koyo came in last week and I'll be putting in my car tonight. Then put my stock one in here.
  • Like 2
  • 3 weeks later...

so I ended up just fixing the radiator leak with JB Waterweld. Went for a test drive and the leak is fixed. 

buuuut, a new leak surfaced. of course. this guy

B732DEE3-E607-480D-93AF-2F10A9BB535F_zps

I couldn't replace it at my place so i had it towed to Busta's shop.

4BD6A688-50EC-4A3C-B203-3283F9699CA5_zps

got a new hose and got to work.

9A8A6DBB-D353-40D0-9AAD-47D9D19230B6_zps

Also replaced the temp sensor while i was at it. finally the temp gauge works!!

CDB85DAE-7DC8-400F-985F-77F5ED5DBF36_zps

And replaced the radiator hoses and the other small hoses that are part of the cooling line going to the intake manifold. so now the car is running great!

• Like 2

so I ended up just fixing the radiator leak with JB Waterweld. Went for a test drive and the leak is fixed. 

buuuut, a new leak surfaced. of course. this guy

B732DEE3-E607-480D-93AF-2F10A9BB535F_zps

I couldn't replace it at my place so i had it towed to Busta's shop.

4BD6A688-50EC-4A3C-B203-3283F9699CA5_zps

got a new hose and got to work.

9A8A6DBB-D353-40D0-9AAD-47D9D19230B6_zps

Also replaced the temp sensor while i was at it. finally the temp gauge works!!

CDB85DAE-7DC8-400F-985F-77F5ED5DBF36_zps

And replaced the radiator hoses and the other small hoses that are part of the cooling line going to the intake manifold. so now the car is running great!

Wow you have 2 positive cables. WTF..lol clean that dam bay up.

Wow you have 2 positive cables. WTF..lol clean that dam bay up.

Lol. Boy you are a tough critic. I've only been fixing what's broken. Once all is good Then the upgrades will start to happen. With that said, it pains me to say that the GF has decided to sell it. :( In part it's my fault for pushing her to get it. I forgot not everyone is as passionate about these cars like we are. I wish I could buy it from her but there's just no way I can afford it right now.

• Like 2