510 master cylinder brace

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The difference between T3 and my design is T3 left a lot of not needed material. I did a design for a 1200 and 510.

The flex is quite a large amount. I placed an indicator on the end of the MC and recorded movement of .125" to .250". Kinda scary but its functional for a street car. 

• Like 1

The difference between T3 and my design is T3 left a lot of not needed material. I did a design for a 1200 and 510.

The flex is quite a large amount. I placed an indicator on the end of the MC and recorded movement of .125" to .250". Kinda scary but its functional for a street car. 

Sounds like an oil resistant synthetic rubber, Durometer 80 or so, would be a better choice for 1/8 to 1/4 inch deflection!

• Like 1

Sounds like an oil resistant synthetic rubber, Durometer 80 or so, would be a better choice for 1/8 to 1/4 inch deflection!

I just made a cup that held the end of the MC with a Allen stud through a base bolted to the shock tower to adjust tension. 

Zero deflection after tension is applied.

• Like 2

I think the last couple years of hard driving with disc brakes on all 4 corners and a zx master with no booster has taken its tole on the fire wall.

I was going to start on this today but when I got home I had a strange rattle at idol in the top end and had to tear in to it . When I upgraded my tensioner I didn't remove the upper timing guide . Now I know why you remove it

The brake booster specs for many Datsuns is a graph with input pressure on the pedal vs. output pressure from the master with and without the booster. It goes to over 137 pounds and when you think of it, when you stand on one foot you are exerting what ever your weight is on it. When climbing stairs you are pushing even harder with little effort. In a panic stop it may be hundreds of pounds on the firewall.

• Like 1