411 front disc brake conversion

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Pedro

Pedro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 21 December 2016 - 01:01 AM

I think if you used a flat plate for your caliper bracket, somewhere between 10-12mm thick, your life would be a lot easier. The cantilever and those spacers make me nervous.

No doubt it could have been done a different way. However the setup is rigid, the caliper brackets I used incorporate curved sections which give it strength even with the sections I have removed.

Either way I'll report back when it (if) the car runs and I have tested them.

#22 RJC786

RJC786

• New Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Cars:WP411 Bluebird

Posted 10 January 2017 - 09:02 PM

Well, I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread!

I've recently acquired a WP411 project car and one of the first things I wanted to address is the brakes as I've got to put the system back together anyway. Have just started digging around the internet for information before I measure everything up and start sussing out what other OEM parts I might be able to harvest for it.

Do you know if there's any truth to 240Z stock front brakes fitting these?

#23 Pedro

Pedro

• PipPipPipPip
  • 484 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:15 PM

Well, I'm glad I stumbled upon this thread!

I've recently acquired a WP411 project car and one of the first things I wanted to address is the brakes as I've got to put the system back together anyway. Have just started digging around the internet for information before I measure everything up and start sussing out what other OEM parts I might be able to harvest for it.

Do you know if there's any truth to 240Z stock front brakes fitting these?

Cannot confirm the 240z thing, but unless they come with a separate caliper bracket to mount the caliper I can't seem them working on NON SSS 410/411 hub & spindle. A SSS one maybe if they come with a caliper ear, but I haven't seen a SSS 411 spindle yet to compare.