Politics still suck, how about some more racing!?

Autocross today.  Needed a 2.5 gear badly.  Wasn't worth shifting to third, kept wringing it out in 2nd, probably could have picked up a couple seconds if I hadn't been having to lift at 7800 rpm in a few sections.

• Like 1
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Already have 4.11s. :D  Up from factory 3.55s.  Needs more power.  And third gear is terrible in that transmission.  Wide gap from 2nd.  No Canby this year, remember?  Previous Canby, yes, I did take Ugly Betty a few years back.  I can't remember if that was what you rode in, or if it was the red hardbody?

Already have 4.11s. :D  Up from factory 3.55s.  Needs more power.  And third gear is terrible in that transmission.  Wide gap from 2nd.  No Canby this year, remember?  Previous Canby, yes, I did take Ugly Betty a few years back.  I can't remember if that was what you rode in, or if it was the red hardbody?

Then 4.375s !!

You need the '84-'86 200sx CA five speed. It has a 1.902 second gear. Yours has a 2.071 and why there is a monster drop to the 1.308 third that both transmission have. Basically 2nd is slightly closer to third with the 200sx transmission so you won't have so much RPM drop.

Yes two? years ago, bluish goon. I was hanging onto the dash.