Recaro seats in muh 510

So I just got done putting some recaro seats in my 510 and I noticed that they lean towards the door. I didn't do anything different, just made some brackets, and put the sliders on.

Tomo ima yank them out and swap sides. I put the knob next to the door and I can't fit my fat hands in there to adjust the seat. Plus I have to make longer brackets for the driver seat so I can scoot it back a bit more.

No pic I'm lazy.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I used square tubing to bolt to the seat. Then used the sliders and brackets from the stock seats. I didn't know there were Datsun specific bracket/sliders I could buy. I don't know what model they are. Got them from a guy on

IG @used.racing parts he has tons of seats and wheels.

The 510 seat risers use two different risers for each seat. One is taller then the other. I believe the taller one goes on the outside towards the door and the shorter one goes on the inner towards the trans tunnel.

5ffa5c1f.jpg

Do you have any pics of the underside to show how you mounted them? If you pull them out, maybe snap a pic.

I have a pair of Recaros in storage I may use someday.

Thanks

soooooo,  when i was taking apart the seats i didn't really pay attention.  i thought all the brackets were the same :/  turns out, this guy  V  (and the other guy that pointed it out)  is right.  

If you used the stock mounts that bolt to the floor, FYI, they are different heights inner and outer.

it seems while i was putting the seats back together i put both short ones on one seat and both long ones on the other.  

FIXT (just tilt your head a bit)

28015528574_5fc949f72a_k.jpg

thanks for the help  :thumbup:

bonus oics

27556880594_31f671afba_k.jpg

27556876824_24b8a41214_k.jpg

27556872874_0c8e5966e5_h.jpg