Inspiration needed...

dgi

A friend knows I am looking for another Datsun project and referred me to his friend who is considering selling a 1974 Datsun B210 Hatchback.  I got in touch and he sent me some pics  Says the car is running and driving well with no rust (in my neck of the woods, that is very unlikely).

The car appears to have been painted at least and maybe twice, but needs paint currently.  The grill and bumpers and maybe some trim have been painted flat black.  I can't live with the current color so it will need a repaint anyway.

It is a few hours away and I don't want to take the trip to see it in person until I've got a better idea of what it can be.

It is complete and mostly stock with the exception of door cards, wheels, and the obligatory Weber carb conversion.  Can't tell yet, but it may have headers.

If you have pictures of a B210 hatchback from any angle including underhood and interior, please post them up or email to  dgi at electrofile dot com.  I really want to be able to imagine the car restored to near original as it would have appeared when new.  

Thanks for you help.

dgi

• Like 1
  • Replies 16
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 74 has the best option for seats, as it does not have the hump for the Catalytic converter that the 75 on up had..

Get it,  it will not be a powerhouse by any means from the massive A13 engine.

If it does not already have an A14 or 15 swapped into it, find one and do it. straight bolt in.

Drive mine daily, turns the heads,  and thumbs up from the young and old

post up some pics.. 

• Like 1

Took 5 seconds. Google images...

Hell you could have done this...

Ahhh. Mike, y'all having a bad day?  You know I already did this before I asked here.  Even saw fisch's art work there!

But, I prefer seeing the creativity of our Ratsun friends.

@B210GX,  Pics on a lousy phone.  I will post some as soon as I can take some myself.

dgi

• Like 1

Well you did say 'restored to near original as it would have appeared when new.' Creative would be using something else to replace the (often boring) stock parts, like custom buckets or reupholstered in leather and contrasting stitching,  Leather or vinyl dash covering, leather shift boot, custom shift knob, plush carpeting. Headliner, door cards. Haven't even got to sound systems.

Yes it was hot at work......

So.. what are you asking for? You live on the East Coast where surviving Datsuns rarely can be found, and you have an opportunity to snap up a fairly ideal specimen, but don't want to be bothered by a couple hour drive? How are us West Coast yokels supposed to light a fire under you to get off your ass and go get what you clearly don't want that badly?

What you should do is put up an ad looking for Datsun enthusiasts east of the Mississippi that are interested in owning a piece of automotive history, then direct them toward said B210 and watch the mad scramble unfold.

@datsunfreak and @B2Fresh.   Thanks for the pics.  Got a set of Libres myself that I could use.

@MicroMachinery.  Do you really think I need to be chastised?  You don't know me or what I've done for the Datsun community in the southeast.  

Yes, Datsuns (other than Zx) are extremely rare on the East Coast by comparison to Oregon.  I haven't seen a B210 in person since the early 80s.  

dgi

I've decided that this is not the car for me.  So, I will be spreading the word starting with bilzbobaggins.

Thanks to all who tried to inspire me with a picture and encouragement.

dgi