40mm dellorto leak

DatMo

So I've had a small gas leak from my carb dripping from the bottom of the carb (which is right over the exhaust mani) and I'm not familiar enough with the carbs myself to directly attack the issue. Has anybody had this issue before? The carb is a 40mm dellorto side raft. I tried looking to see if it were maybe a gasket but even then, I don't see a gasket? And the other carb which had no issues doesn't have a gasket either. Bought the carbs off a guy who put em on a ka but they're well taken care of so I doubt it's supposed to have a gasket. I will be taking photos in the next few hours. Thanks ahead of time! Time to get this shit to jccs!

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So helpful! Thanks man! I'm not exactly sure where the leak is from but I'm almost positive it's that lower gasket area which looks like 36. I just ordered a t3 heat shield. Hope this works! It also looks like that eBay kit I ordered doesn't have what I need so I'll just have to order from them. I'm gonna run it first to see if it's really the heat.

• Like 1

Oh, when you take off that aluminum cover, before reassembling, grab a very fine sand paper, find a super flat surface (i use a flat block of granite) and sand the mating side til you see that it's perfectly flat so there's no chance of leak, sometimes they warp a lil bit, it's best to resurface them ;)

Oh, when you take off that aluminum cover, before reassembling, grab a very fine sand paper, find a super flat surface (i use a flat block of granite) and sand the mating side til you see that it's perfectly flat so there's no chance of leak, sometimes they warp a lil bit, it's best to resurface them ;)

Sounds awesome! I'm gonna check my gasket set tomorrow to see if I was able to fix the leak with that assortment otherwise I'll be right on to order the other set. I'm more than likely gonna run with the heat shield to see if that makes a difference as well. Really excited and a lot of inspiration back!
  • Like 2

maybe the accel diaphrame has a hole. I think they are underneath on the sidedrafts carbs

I had to happen t my Weber DGV. was leaky from there on to the exhaust

Yes, but that would squirt out when you hit the throttle...easy to test for...pull the throttle OP....