72 510 with sr20 and s14 suspension

esrinfo

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am in the midst of installing all the pcs. now. Motor is 1998 sr20de and we will be installing a turbo kit for fun !? I have set up the s14 struts with a heim  jointed and shortened lower control arm. I've welded in the bolt on strut mounts from the s14 clip and modified the strut shafts with adjustable [ double] heim ends. Using a rack from unknown car that has exactly the right width, lucky. Crossmember center turned around and trans mount fabbed from silvia and 510 parts. doing simple caster and camber mod's to rear suspension and contemplating using the new s14 coilovers [small spring] on the rear also.using all the brake system from the silvia clip, power brakes and cluch master with silvia pedals. Lots of mods and fab for sure, but everything is laying out fine so far. Pictures coming soon ! I will try to provide how to text for anyone interested. We purchased a 70 thousand mile clip for 1500$ and will use as many parts as possible, ie. radiator, wiring etc. Started engine in clip before diss. and ran like a watch. Turbo kit should mess that up with no problem!

Our first experience with a Nissan engine swap was an RB20DET into a 1984 RX-7:               http://i.imgur.com/2QmdFJB.jpg

We more recently installed a RB20 det engine into 1948 Studebaker street rod shown here:   http://i.imgur.com/6umcHlK.jpg