521 on d21 frame

dat nasty

One of my secret build ideas is a square-body Chevy truck on a modern GM 4x4 chassis. Maybe even a dually. Lowered a bit and big HP. It would be the perfect sleeper. No one would expect that combination.

I guess it's not a secret anymore.

I don't know what t-cases are available for the Nissan platform, but anything can be built to fit.

• Like 2
  • Replies 260
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

What a detour lol. Floor is back in. Bought some 12 square 16g sheets for my floor "sidewalls" eyeball sharpee and a cut off wheel, went smoother than I thought. Cut some vertical slits in the front and pounded, tacked, pounded, tacked until I had a good curve right back to the floor. This is my first real welding project, Been over a decade since I played with one. The back started nasty, getting clean now :)

I really didn't want to cut the firewall but oh well, cab is ready for remount with a few small patches leftfingers crossed. Maybe tomorrow

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Re drilled holes in the frames body mount brackets to get the front and middle mounts in. Used d21 mounts. Shimmed middle mounts, could have used a shorter front mount and brought it down another inch but I think 3 is enough. Any more and the motor would poke out. I'm liking how it sits.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Sorry work has been slow and I got a new phone. Lost my photo bucket.

I only lost about of inch headroom. Hardbody seat fit right in like a glove, sits nice and low. If I would have only done a 2" body drop I would loose no head, just foot. Right now the back of the cab is 1 1/8" off the frame. So you could do it cleaner with minimum room loss. I'm OK with it so high off the frame for exhaust room. But less body drop would mean more tunnel cutting... I'm sure someone could do this nice

• Like 1

4 link is here from nfamus metal. Beefcake. Very happy with it. 30" links. 2" tubing 1/4" thick. Adjustable. Bags will be here next week. I'll get some photos up soon on some of my busy work. Relacated my clutch master. Working on the brake master now. It's too damn big, going junkyarding in tomorrow for a smaller one, tilt steering column because I've done too much work not too lol. Maybe a smaller ac condenser since the hb one is way too big. Would love to see a pic of a ka24et to see how they fit the turbo/masters around each other. Also searching for an 89 240sx single cam intake for hood clearance.

• Like 1

Could you explain the hardbody seat fitment a bit better?

You're going to need more from the 240sx than just the intake if that's your plan.

ECM and harness come to mind.

Also, the hardbody uses a single harness.

240sx body an engine harnesses are separate.

• Like 1

Not very familiar wit 240s. Hardbody harness comes apart but it sounds like they don't just interchange. A little wiring. Maybe a later project. Supposed 6 hp gain but low torque loss. When I win the lottery and go turbo...

2wd Hardbody seat literally sits right in. I was just trying to get it out of the rain and it fit. Just Barely bend the front mounts out and it fits the curve of the floor. I'm welding a nut on a big washer and bolting to it. I did cut the "seat mounting bracket?" Out of the floor

• Like 1

If your a short skinny guy this will work, but it's not going to work if you a tall big guy, that seat puts the driver what looks like 4 inches farther forward or more than the 521 stock seat, that will suck big time, there is barely enough room with the stock seat, I have made a couple kingcabs because of lack of legroom.

DSCN0077.JPG

received_10206826203868876_zpstthlbudp.j

• Like 1

I put both seats in a few times before making up my mind. In the pic it's pretty forward adjusted it goes all the way back to the wall. Anyone bigger than 5'10" should consider cutting the frame for drop.

When my buddy gets in my hardbody I take the glove box out.... not big boy trucks lol

• Like 1

Went to puck n pull today and found an 86 720. Looked it over, looks like a way easier swap bit I'm not a nap z fan. I did get the tilt steering, brake booster "spacer/adapter?" And gas pedal. Steering went in smooth. Cut the firewall mount on the column down to a small square, slid right onto the steering box, slid the mount on the column to line up on the firewalk, drill and bolt.by the dash I trimmed (cab) where the column meets the cab welded on a flat sheet and drilled to bolt to.

• Like 1