Advice on 14" tires....

Just Recieved my new to me XR-4's 14x6.5. I believe the offset is +3...maybe 6.

My car/set up...

71 4door, 510

Rolled fenders,

280zx struts,

Stock rear cross menber

Coil overs all sound

Since there are not many 14" tire choices, I'm not sure what to get.

Car currently has 195/45/15's 15x7 (0)

Here are some choices I'm looking at.

Toyo proxies 205/55/14

Falken 615 195/60/14

Or

Split 195/60 for the rears with a cheapo 185/60 for the front.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

• Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The decision on the cheap 185s on the front comes down to one thing, do you simply operate your car or do you drive that bitch? Id never put skinny or different make tires on the front of my car for two reasons, lack of front grip and not being able to rotate your tires. Also, a 185 on a 6.5 rim may look stretched and I hate that look.

I do drive the car, but just, after the first good rain(gets the salts off the road) till the first snow, never in the rain. Would like to get to a track but it's maybe 1-2xs a year.

She makes 200 Whp an is a blast to drive. I just want the same look/Stance I have now but with my 14" wheels. Not sure if the 185's will be enough meat. I guess 10mm isn't that much but I'll take all I can get in the rear.

Just found Yokohama s drives 185/55/r14's. Thinking all 4 and call it a day.

The falken rt615k 195/60's are nice but they're 1.25"'s taller than what I have plus my wheels are 1/2" thinner. Might buldge too much to tuck them in where I want them. I think they'll be good on the rear, not sure on the fronts.

Im running 195 55 but on 15x6 with cut zx struts, its pretty damn low and they fit under the fenders fine. I cant see the bulge being an issue with 195 60 14 on a 6.5" rim. If I was you, Id put every mm worth of grip I could with that ve under the hood.

Im running 195 55 but on 15x6 with cut zx struts, its pretty damn low and they fit under the fenders fine. I cant see the bulge being an issue with 195 60 14 on a 6.5" rim. If I was you, Id put every mm worth of grip I could with that ve under the hood.

Thanks and I hear what your saying. I do need every little bit of rubber! Lol.

Can I see a pic of your ride?

image_zpsobxdtziq.jpeg

195 55 15 on oldskool 6" sendel rims, cut 280zx struts with vw inserts, 200lb eibachs. It could go way lower but the roads around here are fucked and it doesn't hit stops or bottom out so Im happy with it.

Thanks! I finally pulled the trigger on the federial 595's....195/60's for the rear and 185/55 for the front. I'll post some pics once I get them and of course mount them up. I have a week to do a mild clean up and maybe spray the centers before they arrive. :)

Thank you all for the advice pics.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks! I finally pulled the trigger on the federial 595's....195/60's for the rear and 185/55 for the front. I'll post some pics once I get them and of course mount them up. I have a week to do a mild clean up and maybe spray the centers before they arrive. :)

Thank you all for the advice pics.

I got the same tires
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys! Just read through the thread and have a question. Ive got some TE-37's that are 14x6.5 +0, and wanted to run 195/50-14's but turns out that size is almost nonexistent. Next best thing is 195/60-14 as I can get a good set of autocross tires (Falken RT615, etc)....but the bulge along with the height worries me as I have a 4 door. I like the car low, and don't really want to go monster truck status with heaight but I feel like they will rub and Id need to raise the car. macgyver, any pics yet? did you have this worry? 

Hi Guys! Just read through the thread and have a question. Ive got some TE-37's that are 14x6.5 +0, and wanted to run 195/50-14's but turns out that size is almost nonexistent. Next best thing is 195/60-14 as I can get a good set of autocross tires (Falken RT615, etc)....but the bulge along with the height worries me as I have a 4 door. I like the car low, and don't really want to go monster truck status with heaight but I feel like they will rub and Id need to raise the car. macgyver, any pics yet? did you have this worry? 

Yokohamas or Federals in a 185/55-14?