Wheel bearing HELP! and part number?

macgyver

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd be calling the previous owner and bitching his ass out because selling you a car with that issue can land his ass in a steaming pot of trouble with the law. Glad things are looking up though, but we still need pics.

Ummm....right....

In maybe like 3 states total. The rest have an is policy called caveat emptor and their "lemon laws" only apply to dealers. And if he bought it in another state, then there is the question of proper jurisdiction, basically guaranteeing he will have to sue the guy where the guy is located. It won't be criminal, so the system won't take action, it will be a civil suit. and it's a 40 year old car, prove who last worked on those bearings...

People buy shit built wrong or badly everyday. It sucks, but that's part of the vintage car game we are all in. You put you're head down and plow through.

Yeah, it could've been 2/3 owners before, just happens that it failed when I had it, I checked over a lot of the car, never thought of checking the hub/bearings....

All is good now but I think that the rotor warp from whatever happened with the bearing cause now that's making noise....lol. Can't win!

Going to bleed the breaks when I get a buddy over, hopefully the caliper has alittle air in it that's holding it up a hair.