wheel seal location?

spdcrazy

I just tore apart my 521 hub and spindle assembly, problem is, I do not see a wheel seal at all?!?!

does the seal fit inward of the inside bearing? and over the spacer? if not, where?

and just to make sure i'm not missing anything else, when I took mine apart, i removed the cap, I removed the cotter pin, took off the spindle nut, and the key'ed flat washer. then the hub slid off and off came the outter and inner bearings. spacer of course is still attached to the spindle.

am i missing anything else?

• Like 1
  • Replies 11
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

not of mine, and i'm on a work computer so i can't post any. there is a thread that shows the spacer (google 'front wheel bearing options ratsun' its the first link) and bearing but i have yet to find a photo of the seal installed.

• Like 1

spacer is bare, so it doesn't exist on mine! which is ok, the seals are obtainable, just wondered where exactly it fit. the hub spun freely and i have had no issue for the last year (since i bought the truck) its almost a daily driver.

• Like 1

gotcha! thanks rick-rat. i appreciate talking with me about it.

mklotz, i knew you would have the answer, just didn't want to bother you. yet again.

also i figured if i couldn't find a photo, someone else might aid from my question.

Thanks all!

• Like 1