Oil pressure gauge line fitting removal LZ22

rabbcan

Hey guys quick question, i want to remove this autometer oil pressure gauge line fitting off of a lz22 block, from the info that i gather it's a 1/8 thread.. would the plug have to be nft, nftp, or bsp.. tried searching and got the gist of it somewhat just need to be sure before i do anything. Thanks in advance any help would be appreciated

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The block is 1/8 BSPThread.

Just get a Nissan oil pressure sender. At about 8PSI the contact closes inside and is grounded. All you need is to connect up your stock low pressure oil light  for the dash.

• Like 1

MikeRL411 seems like that would be the easiest route right now lol unless someone has the vehicle application to a wired sending unit with the said bspt thread

Do you mean what car came with the sending unit?

yeah trying to find one right now where i don't have to use an adapter , all the ones i've been seeing has the npt thread

YES! but the engine block has a BPT hole.  The threads per inch are NOT the same and the wrong insert will leak like hell!  And you will likely strip the threads from your new fitting.  If you don't want to use an adapter, good luck with finding a genuine Austin mechanical or idiot gauge assembly.  Use the adapter I identified [after all Datsun and Nissan still do] and put a reasonably priced after market whatever you want to plug in.  There are even "Tee" fittings let you preserve the idiot light and add a direct readout PSI gauge.  Don't make the solution more difficult than it has to be.

MikeRL411 seems like that would be the easiest route right now lol unless someone has the vehicle application to a wired sending unit with the said bspt thread

You have an LZ22 block??? Any L or Z series oil sender will fit. If you have this engine in any Datsun, the wiring is right there. Get sender, screw into block (if there is an adapter, just take it out first) connect the oil sender wire and red light in dash should work.

• Like 1