Hello from KC.

Hey, everybody! New member here from Kansas and I just wanted to say a quick hello and let you know what I have. As of yesterday, I now own a 1979 Datsun 210 wagon with the A14 engine. Great little car, drove it 120 miles home yesterday and it ran great. My other Datsun is a 1981 280ZX that is currently being restored. I'm really glad I found this site and hope I can learn as well as lend advice.

• Like 1
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Old cars are great aren't they? Now you're really driving. Almost nothing between you and the road, no power assist, GPS, ABS, air bags, auto transmission, air con and sound system... and no crumple zones. A little firmer, noisier, less comfortable and more work. Almost an adventure. 

• Like 2

Old cars are great aren't they? Now you're really driving. Almost nothing between you and the road, no power assist, GPS, ABS, air bags, auto transmission, air con and sound system... and no crumple zones. A little firmer, noisier, less comfortable and more work. Almost an adventure.

I'm gonna go take a drive in my Lexus while I wait for pics.

• Like 1

Er my 210 has an auto transmission :blush:

• Like 1

Oooh! Check you out! With your fancy, schmanzy trans! Now your probably going to tell us it has a radio and stuff! Yeah, right! :rofl:

Um, yeah Stanley has a radio, OEM, and I have it wired to plug in my iPod. I still have teeny tiny shitty speakers tho :)

My 1967 RL411 has its original automatic transmission, the British Borg Warner M35.  It's still being made for European cars and is as "bullet proof" as any small car automatic transmission can be.  It has outlasted my wife's learning to drive and our 3 children!