521 RV?

Z chopper

as many on here know I have been looking for a 521 project for years. I might have finally found one for (free) it is far from complete though. Part of the cab back wall has been cut out as is the front of the box, so I am thinking of an RV project.

I am better at working with wood than metal, so I am think building a light weight camper in the box or maybe removing the box completely and build from there is the best option for me. I have also restored a couple RVs in the past, so I am not a total noob when it comes to RVs.

I have seen RV slider kits around so that would help expand the sq footage a bit.

• Like 1
  • Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you have photos of the mod/mods already done?

It sounds like it would be a great candidate for a kingcab since the back has been cut, but if you don't weld, that would be a problem.

There are a few 620 projects out there that started out this way, but they either welded the box to the cab or they fiber-glassed the extension on, both were a lot of work, one became a kingcab, and the other became a very long dually convertible.

If it still has the complete top you can likely fix the cab by welding in a new back section once a replacement is found.

• Like 1

If that is it, I would say it's not worth the effort, that has had the shit cut out of it, you would need another 521 for parts to put that one back together, and one would need to be able to weld also.

Just wait and find a complete one, but I live where the wait would not be long.

• Like 2

Oh jeez.

Im with Wayno and Lou on that. Too much needed.

Just sourcing tail lights alone would exceed the value of truck.

Not to mention fenders, hood, valance, doors....and everyrhinh else.

The truck would still be incomplete.

Have you been saving for a Datsun this whole time you have been looking for one?

A quick trip to Seattle could net you a worthy truck for a decent price.

• Like 2

ya lou that is the one. 

The other option is snag it for the frame shorten it and plant an old Willys jeep body on it.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-other-auto-parts-and-accessories/calgary/free-datsun-521-parts-truck/1176513046?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

This must be it Eugene?

Sometimes free is too expensive applies here

Looks like it had a v-8 at some point

• Like 1