1984 720 help

Jorge83

Hi all, I am in need of help on a faster method to restoring the paint job on my 720.  It's an 1984 720 4x4.  Engine had a crack in it so I had friend of the family install a slightly used one for 80 bucks.  Now it runs BUT the paint job underneath it had tons of rust.  Once I removed majority of the paint now I'm stuck with all the little bits that wont sand off nor budge from the frame.  Any advice on a faster way to remove it.  The chemical method sucked and made things worse.

• Like 1
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/wQtkB"><a href="//imgur.com/a/wQtkB">View post on imgur.com</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

did my best.....I just returned majority of what I bought and said eff it.  My priority are the shocks, front end, radio, speakers, seats now.   The bed I think i can just sand down and just apply truck bed coating.

• Like 1

Corroseal http://www.homedepot.com/p/Corroseal-Rust-Converter-Primer-82320/202960538 when used as a primer really slows the rust everpresent in our 720s. Cost effective, not terribly toxic, and works better than phosphoric or muriatic acid as it's a primer as well. Just wire brush, mask and shoot it on. Will also smooth out the surface some.

• Like 2