Ka24de swap HELP

Hi guys so im new to the datsun scene.

I picked up a 69 521 a couple months ago. The guy i got it from had the engine rebuilt top to bottom. But the only thing is he decided to remove the WHOLE harness from the truck. I mean everything from engine to dash and just everything. Ive been trying to figure it out in my own but i realized its just nit gonna happen anytime soon. From working all day mon-sat i just dont have that much time on my hands.

Recently a couple guys talked me into doing a ka swap. Ive been looking into it but im not fully aware of what i will need exactly besides the complete swap. I need some help gathering a list of what i should start buying so the process can go as smooth as possible and not having to stop for weeks cause i dont have the parts in hand. Thanks

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hm.. replace stock harness.. or replace engine, trans, trans mount, oil pan, radiator, fans, front disc brake conversion, shorten driveline, electric fuel pump, fuel return line, then figure out how to adapt the 240sx harness into the stock dash harness.

If you have a harness, it is not hard. Layout, hook up, finished. Customizing a harness is hard. Scratch building one is harder. But installing a factory isn't terrible, particularly one from the 60s.

What I'm saying is that if you can't figure out reinstalling the factory harness without paying someone, it is simply not possible for you to finish a ka swap. The wiring is exponentially more complicated. Even at its most simple, you will have to layout the ka factory harness and hook it up, just like the truck harness, then cut and modify that harness to tie in to your truck harness.

Either figure out the wiring yourself, or don't do anything at all to the truck.

Wiring diagrams can be intimidating, but you only need to understand one wire at a time and you almost don't need one. The harness will basically fall into place and 90% of the connections will be obvious. Then you some questions here and we help you finish it.

• Like 2

Yep, not to many systems in these old trucks. Pretty easy toi re-run the factory stuff once you find a good harness. 

I would recommend contact tdaaj on here. He can either hook you up or will know someone that has a harness. 

Alright so i decided to just take the truck to my shop since im there all day. I started messing with it and pretty much got everything where it needs to go. It turns over but im nit getting any spark. My guess is ignition coil. But who knows. Also the guy i got it from took off the pedals and didnt notice im missing one so i can drive the damn thing with out it. Ill be buying the coil tomorrow. My uncle told me it might also be the electronic ignition point because we opened it and it was cut on one side as if the rotor was rubbing on it. Ive been trying to look for a harness diagram on here and on google and no luck. I know i have 80% of the wires correct but it has spare wires and i dont want to leave anything out. Thanks guys.

• Like 1