CANBY 2017 IT WILL BEE fun 'n stuff

Ranman72

The main concerns I have been reading are the pricing and judging.

If I pay to camp, I'm in. That's it.

I think it was $5 for corral parking last year? Not bad. Go back to that.

Judging? Not everyone wants any part of that.

Keep the corral alone. Maybe offer a best corral car award.

Otherwise, leave the show car judging to those vying to win. Those entrants should be the ones to pay for show/award entry, not everyone else.

Yes, that.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The main concerns I have been reading are the pricing and judging.

If I pay to camp, I'm in. That's it.

I think it was $5 for corral parking last year? Not bad. Go back to that.

Judging? Not everyone wants any part of that.

Keep the corral alone. Maybe offer a best corral car award.

Otherwise, leave the show car judging to those vying to win. Those entrants should be the ones to pay for show/award entry, not everyone else.

This! One small adjustment 3 of best corral cars/trucks that would make it more inviting I think, and maybe a small trophy for each made out of spare parts if DNW don't wanna to make them.

Corral. Where owners go that have cars that they feel may not be worthy of entering in the show for judging or they don't care just want to belong and show them off. They may be (real or imagined) ratty, or unfinished. Whatever. How many were in the corral this year? 50 at least... 70? That's $350 @ $5 each. Hell for almost nothing, print out certificates for best of every model Datsun made. No S110s this year? save for next. Every person at the show gets X number of corral tickets they can vote with. Count them up and hand out the paper certificate. You have the only S10 there and won? Woot, take it home and frame it.  

This aint  toddler Tee ball,,,,,,,, not everyone needs a trophy ,,, someone would still need to figure out whats going on award , make it up - go print them - then count those votes..  Do you wanna spend your time doing it??  fuck that noise

You guys are stuck on the money but i believe they changed it so THEY wouldn't have to spending a good chunk of the day  - finding - lining up - then  counting votes- then handing out awards ..... From what i gathered they wanted it to be more social event than separating car show cars from "regular car" ,, did they succeed ,,  not really,,  cuz in my opinion . We like a car show for the stand outs and we are for the most part VERY accepting of our cars not being up to "show car" quality,, hell,,  quite a few of us actually relish in being to ratted out be be in show.

As for the camping  prices having the car show guys pay that extra amount they always paid, to subsidize us poor folks camping cheaper was nice. 

Entrance (corral) fees,,,,,, seriously , you guys are just being bitches cuz most "real car" shows charge $35,,, a day AT LEAST to come thru gate and park.  We are looking at over $90. for 2 vehicles for a 5 hour event coming up and i am pretty sure the T-shirts were 25-30 bucks each last year.

Not Canby,, they were 20 ,, or do you mean THIS last year and not last year , last year? ,,,,,,,, but my last sentence is about a car show coming up in a few weeks.  .. That by the way gives out only 5 trophy's...... 1st - 2nd- 3rd -longest drive , hard luck,,,  i think they are hand made,  not bought ,, but still.

15 for shirts last year.

Copper wire was accidentally discovered by two Datsun owners fighting over an ass penny. 

You're right, I don't need a trophy so I don't bother with the corral or enter my Datsun in the judging. I go to camp and to be there to see people, parts and cars. Any additional Canby support like raffle tickets or T shirts is voluntary. I sure as shit don't support paying more for nothing so someone gets a trophy. That is paid by entrance fees to the car judging... or was. Camping went up two years ago or maybe last year? $5 a night was probably due after 4 years of going and is like the lobster in a pot of cold water on the stove.... he doesn't notice the change much. $10 a day just to be able to use my camping spot is fucked.

I like the Canby atmosphere and drive 550-650 miles over two days to come down to experience it. I plan the next trip as soon as I get home from the last and it's my only holiday I take every year. Damn right I take it seriously.    

• Like 5
  • 2 weeks later...

This is my input. Pricing sucks. Get it right for next year. Camping $50 or I pay $15 to walk in for the two days.

Actually, you have that a bit wrong. Walk in cost was "$3 per person or 2 for $5" per the FB page.

$15/car for show admission for two days? That's a freaking bargain.

$25/night for tent camping does seem a bit stiff. Was that per tent or did they mark off each site? Might be something to consider. Like an actual campground that allows X number of tents and/or people per site. That would make it reasonable.

DNW is a nonprofit, so nobody is in this for the money, but at the same time, they have to cover their costs. Putting on this event is not cheap.

I don't think so... Yeah T shirts were $10 per the website but $15 at the event and the website quickly changed to $15.  So I doubt it's $3. I was told, and paid $10 a day $15 for the weekend.

It's always been (well for two years) $25 per night... period. If you have a camping spot... you're in.

• Like 1

Well they changed it then. Maybe Sunday afternoon was reduced. I was told $10 and $15 for the weekend (in addition to the $50 for the camping) and I did walk away. I went back and paid for the night I had already stayed and that day. Camped elsewhere that night and got a day pass for Sunday. Saturday and Sunday passes were $10 each... this is what I paid.

So obviously different people were charged much different amounts. Or more likely didn't know what the hell they were doing.

• Like 2

It was $25 for Friday night camping and $10 for the day Saturday, paid Saturday morning. I remember arguing about the extra $10 for nothing. Sunday morning I was charged $10 for the day around 9 AM.  So either you arrived late Sunday and were given a better rate or I was over charged for no reason which is even worse.

it was 10 a day for drive in and 15 for 2 days drive inj plus 25 a night for camping but no extra car show fee wich i think was 40 for previous years 

I dont know what it costs to put this on but pre registration with said set costs would eliminate a bunch of fuck ups at the gate 

we paid a decent amount of money and had a great time 

i hope it continues next year and the car show rules go back to what they were 

if they dont so be it I will still be there 

• Like 1

I think the problem Mike is having was, they charge him the 10 dollars to park in the Corral. But his car never made it out front. It stayed back in the camping area and never was "ENTERED" into the show. But made him pay anyways.

• Like 3

I think the problem Mike is having was, they charge him the 10 dollars to park in the Corral. But his car never made it out front. It stayed back in the camping area and never was "ENTERED" into the show. But made him pay anyways.

I think your right 

I walked in Sunday morning through the gate, they saw me walk in, it was early.... $10. I don't bother with the corral, it's inconvenient and everyone knows what a 710 looks like.

I thought I was clear what I wanted, camping only.

I walked in Sunday morning through the gate, they saw me walk in, it was early.... $10. I don't bother with the corral, it's inconvenient and everyone knows what a 710 looks like.

I thought I was clear what I wanted, camping only.

Still talking about this?  Geez, it's not like they went and changed the classifieds on you...

with the new leader camping only is not allowed 

EVERYONE is in the show like it or not and I dont like it 

AND GEEZ YES WE ARE STILL TALKING ABOUT IT 

THATS WHAT WE DO  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:  :devil:

• Like 1

Don't want to be in the show. Want to camp.... not subsidize some 'trophy' or cheaper Tee shirts. Fuckin' A I'll bitch about it.

Lets see... you put $25 of gas in your car but when you go to pay, it's $35. WTF? you say. They say 'Oh that's for the squeegee and water to clean your windshield'. Don't  need it and didn't use it, you say. They say $35 please. But that's 40% more for the same amount of gas I always buy here,!! you say. They say... $35 please. 

If you were paying $35 for $25 worth of gas you'd be upset.