CANBY 2017 IT WILL BEE fun 'n stuff

Ranman72

Do you have to pay to be in the show if you don't want to be part of the show? Can you just go to the corral? Does camping include entry without being in the show?

parking in the corral does not include showing, AKA winning the ratsun trophy.

Saturday is best for that part.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They tried to charge me $10 a day for something last year I didn't want or have use for. Told the dick at the gate I was not in the show, camping only. I don't think he knew what the fuck he was doing. I can't be the only person that goes to Canby but isn't in the show???? Second night I went elsewhere, walked in paid $3 for Sunday.... fuck that noise. It was never like this the years before.

I sleep in my car, I don't park it in the 'corral'. I go there on foot to look at, not be looked at. I buy tickets for the raffle. I buy a T shirt. I patronize the swap meet and the concession stand. No one enjoys going or promotes Canby attendance more than I do.

• Like 3

They tried to charge me $10 a day for something last year I didn't want or have use for. Told the dick at the gate I was not in the show, camping only. I don't think he knew what the fuck he was doing. I can't be the only person that goes to Canby but isn't in the show???? Second night I went elsewhere, walked in paid $3 for Sunday.... fuck that noise. It was never like this the years before.

I sleep in my car, I don't park it in the 'corral'. I go there on foot to look at, not be looked at. I buy tickets for the raffle. I buy a T shirt. I patronize the swap meet and the concession stand. No one enjoys going or promotes Canby attendance more than I do.

So why dont they put a clear sign that tells you what your going to pay for for what ever it is. It is not hard, showing the car ion show this price, walk in pay this price , camping pay this price? Who promotes the show? Is it that hard.

• Like 1

Entry, $10 for one day, $15 for both
RV camp site, $30 per night w elect hook up
Tent camp site, $25 per night
Saturday night banquet dinner, $15, kids $10,
Vendor site, $20
Walk-ins at gate, $3 or 2 for $5
T-shirts, $15
Sweatshirts, $25
Raffle tickets, $1 each or 6 for $5
Cash and credit cards will be accepted, no American Express

I covered this months ago and at length. I'll shorten it to...

If $3/day or $5 is for both to walk in for the event.

I have to assume the $10/$15 to enter is for judging your car in the show?

Why do you have to pay this if just camping? I assume the $3 a day admission is included in the camping fee as it would be rather foolish to not include it.

I've never paid this 'extra' in past years just to camp at Canby and don't plan on it this year. Who ever was charging at the gate last year didn't know what they were doing or.... I'll get a $5 two day walk in pass this year.

$3 for walk in. $5 for two people to walk in. No camping or vehicle in corral.

Vehicles: $10 a day or $15 both days. basically this is the corral parking fee, But AUTOMATICALLY puts you in the show for judging.

Camping is $25/30 a night.

If you are NOT going to bring your datsun up to the corral, like Mike did last year, insist to only pay for camping. If I brought up my work van for camping purposes, I sure and hell wont pay the extra 15 to park.

• Like 1

Wait.... So I have a question.

I'll be there Friday night (camp) and all of Saturday (camp), but leaving Sunday morning @8 a.m. sharp.

Does that mean I have to pay for this "corral show" I won't be present for?

Oy, it doesn't say if a camping pass gets you into the show or not. Could you clarify that point? Do you get a camping pass that lets you into the show, or is a camping pass only for staking your tent/RV?

Would like to know this as well.

Look, my question has been raised in specificity by no less than a dozen people over the literal months this thread has been open.

We're not demanding special treatment, just requesting simple clarification on pricing. If this cannot be provided and they continue to blatantly ignore and dodge the question, I won't go.

• Like 1

Don't wish to be in the show, so not going this year. Anything else going on for that weekend?

Almost forgot, The Old School Reunion in Buckley, going to that instead

Afternoon BBQ at gato's to welcome DatzenMike back to TriCities.

Slumber party, bitches!!!

• Like 1

Don't wish to be in the show, so not going this year. Anything else going on for that weekend?

Almost forgot, The Old School Reunion in Buckley, going to that instead

Uhm... i'm sorry i have to be the one to break it to you Rick, and others that can't understand the concept ,,, but at the Old School Reunion your $20. gate fee automatically enters you in the car show...  So i guess that one is out also,,, as are every fucking car/ rat rod show i have paid to  enter every summer for the last 20 something years.. 

Again sorry

• Like 2