Posted 14 June 2016 - 06:38 PM

Making Canby Loose Again

Datsuns will 20 buck u to death

#45 Ranman72

Ranman72

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,721 posts
  • Cars:68 datsun 510 2 door / 69 Datsun Roadster /05 350z / 08 f350 / 73 datsun 1200 coupe

Posted 14 June 2016 - 09:41 PM

I understand we should attend the meetings to put in our 2 cents but I drive 1100 miles round trip to attend this show and dont own an airplane to fly in to the meetings 

suggestions are being made by people who are to far away to attend they are written proof that they were a suggestion

now we have to wait 12 months to see if our voices are heard or ignored

canby 2017 may it be the best one ever :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  :thumbup:  

#46 ArchetypeDatsun

ArchetypeDatsun

formerly 280zx@541

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts
  • Cars:71 521, 72 521, 77 200sx, 79 810, 84 Maxima

Posted 14 June 2016 - 10:27 PM

How about an honest email to the DatsunsNW club and obviously someone to read it off to the club while at there meetings. Of course I can't always drive up 200+ miles for every meeting but for some one that has been going for years this year just seemed like it was missing the oldschool Canby touch. I couldn't help but ear hustle at a few conversions Sunday about us Ratsun guys that just barged in and ruined a lot of the show with our shenanigans. People still have it in there heads it's our fault for bringing out our non restored and rusty ass datsuns to the show every year. These are people that usually only come on Sunday and never actually camp and contribute to Canby, they wanna pay the least possible while us who just barely have enough for gas and money to pay for our camping and cars help pay to see Canby again the next year. The whole T-shirt thing was a scam the site said $10 bucks well at the show they were $15. I made the trip to Rats with Dats Friday morning from my house with Carlos and Jonathan they came from California my intention was to head straight to Canby as I was having tire rubbing issues. If it wasn't for the no cell reception and tire problem I would have stayed the night but I need to be in communication with my daughter and mother and law just incase.

Anyways hope there is a next year because I will keep attending as long as we have a Canby.
Do it in a Datsun

#47 Dustydukes

Dustydukes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts
  • Cars:77 620 long bed

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:06 AM

How about an honest email to the DatsunsNW club and obviously someone to read it off to the club while at there meetings.

I don't hate this idea.

#48 KoHeartsGPA

KoHeartsGPA

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,593 posts
  • Cars:1970 2-door 510, 1977 620 KC

Posted 15 June 2016 - 09:17 AM

Reading off the forums and taking notes to bring it to the attention of the staff should be as if not better than an email written by who knows who with what content.

My two cents...

#49 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,794 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 15 June 2016 - 10:28 AM

A $10 T sounds too good to be true anyway. It was a glitch, I'm sure. One thing for sure you will sell more T's at less 'profit' than a single T at $120. 

I doubt DNW will read e mails at a meeting. I can only assume they have their own best interests at heart and will make adjustments by themselves. If you build it.... they will come.

Posted Image

#50 flatcat19

flatcat19

Back in Black

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,825 posts
  • Cars:Smaller. Better. Slower. Lower.

Posted 15 June 2016 - 11:13 AM

The main concerns I have been reading are the pricing and judging.

If I pay to camp, I'm in. That's it.
I think it was $5 for corral parking last year? Not bad. Go back to that.

Judging? Not everyone wants any part of that.
Keep the corral alone. Maybe offer a best corral car award.
Otherwise, leave the show car judging to those vying to win. Those entrants should be the ones to pay for show/award entry, not everyone else.

You can't hang if your nuts haven't dropped...it's physics

#51 Draker

Draker

Ratsun-Erect

• 12,613 posts
  • Cars:1971 2 door 510, 1969 4 door 510, 2002 Tacoma double cab

Posted 15 June 2016 - 12:36 PM

Otherwise, leave the show car judging to those vying to win. Those entrants should be the ones to pay for show/award entry, not everyone else.

Yes, that.

View my 69 510 4dr Sedan - Build Thread
View my 71 510 2dr Sedan - Coming soon.

http://drakers.pl510.info

#52 ArchetypeDatsun

ArchetypeDatsun

formerly 280zx@541

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,384 posts
  • Cars:71 521, 72 521, 77 200sx, 79 810, 84 Maxima

Posted 15 June 2016 - 05:53 PM

This! One small adjustment 3 of best corral cars/trucks that would make it more inviting I think, and maybe a small trophy for each made out of spare parts if DNW don't wanna to make them.
Do it in a Datsun

#53 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,794 posts
  • Cars:'74 710 sedan, '76 710. prevoius... '78 620, '71 521, '68 510 new '76 B-210

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:14 AM

Corral. Where owners go that have cars that they feel may not be worthy of entering in the show for judging or they don't care just want to belong and show them off. They may be (real or imagined) ratty, or unfinished. Whatever. How many were in the corral this year? 50 at least... 70? That's $350 @ $5 each. Hell for almost nothing, print out certificates for best of every model Datsun made. No S110s this year? save for next. Every person at the show gets X number of corral tickets they can vote with. Count them up and hand out the paper certificate. You have the only S10 there and won? Woot, take it home and frame it.  

Posted Image

#54 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,253 posts
  • Cars:It's a fucking anti-aircraft gun, Vincent.

Posted 16 June 2016 - 10:33 AM

This aint  toddler Tee ball,,,,,,,, not everyone needs a trophy ,,, someone would still need to figure out whats going on award , make it up - go print them - then count those votes..  Do you wanna spend your time doing it??  fuck that noise

You guys are stuck on the money but i believe they changed it so THEY wouldn't have to spending a good chunk of the day  - finding - lining up - then  counting votes- then handing out awards ..... From what i gathered they wanted it to be more social event than separating car show cars from "regular car" ,, did they succeed ,,  not really,,  cuz in my opinion . We like a car show for the stand outs and we are for the most part VERY accepting of our cars not being up to "show car" quality,, hell,,  quite a few of us actually relish in being to ratted out be be in show.

As for the camping  prices having the car show guys pay that extra amount they always paid, to subsidize us poor folks camping cheaper was nice. 

Entrance (corral) fees,,,,,, seriously , you guys are just being bitches cuz most "real car" shows charge $35,,, a day AT LEAST to come thru gate and park.  We are looking at over $90. for 2 vehicles for a 5 hour event coming up and i am pretty sure the T-shirts were 25-30 bucks each last year.

So somehow while i was driving back from Eaglerock swap meet i somehow caused YOU to post this,,,, do really think members on this site are that stupid to believe i caused it??

http://community.rat...un-for-a-while/

Yeah i guess you do,,

BTW ,,,, the first person to call you a pussy,,,, ya might wanna check out his ethnicity ,, cuz i don't think it's what you think it is there snowflakeboy

..........................I shall call it, narclops.

#55 Draker

Draker

Ratsun-Erect

• 12,613 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:27 AM

15 for shirts last year.

#56 bananahamuck

bananahamuck

S&S chicken/rice

• 13,253 posts
  • Cars:It's a fucking anti-aircraft gun, Vincent.

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

Not Canby,, they were 20 ,, or do you mean THIS last year and not last year , last year? ,,,,,,,, but my last sentence is about a car show coming up in a few weeks.  .. That by the way gives out only 5 trophy's...... 1st - 2nd- 3rd -longest drive , hard luck,,,  i think they are hand made,  not bought ,, but still.

15 for shirts last year.

So somehow while i was driving back from Eaglerock swap meet i somehow caused YOU to post this,,,, do really think members on this site are that stupid to believe i caused it??

http://community.rat...un-for-a-while/

Yeah i guess you do,,

BTW ,,,, the first person to call you a pussy,,,, ya might wanna check out his ethnicity ,, cuz i don't think it's what you think it is there snowflakeboy

..........................I shall call it, narclops.

#57 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,794 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 11:57 AM

Copper wire was accidentally discovered by two Datsun owners fighting over an ass penny. 

You're right, I don't need a trophy so I don't bother with the corral or enter my Datsun in the judging. I go to camp and to be there to see people, parts and cars. Any additional Canby support like raffle tickets or T shirts is voluntary. I sure as shit don't support paying more for nothing so someone gets a trophy. That is paid by entrance fees to the car judging... or was. Camping went up two years ago or maybe last year? $5 a night was probably due after 4 years of going and is like the lobster in a pot of cold water on the stove.... he doesn't notice the change much. $10 a day just to be able to use my camping spot is fucked.

I like the Canby atmosphere and drive 550-650 miles over two days to come down to experience it. I plan the next trip as soon as I get home from the last and it's my only holiday I take every year. Damn right I take it seriously.    

Posted Image

#58 tr8er

tr8er

Datsun Mechanic

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,781 posts
  • Cars:'71 PL510; 01 Frontier 4X4

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:09 PM

I recall you traveling abroad last year mike.

#59 Draker

Draker

Ratsun-Erect

• 12,613 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:13 PM

I bought two for 30 in 2015.

#60 datzenmike

datzenmike

KING RAT

• User Administrator
  • 69,794 posts

Posted 16 June 2016 - 12:18 PM

I recall you traveling abroad last year mike.

I live on an Island so once on the mainland I would like to maximize my travels. I ran out of gas money and had to go home..

Posted Image