411sss dual carbs on 1300?

Kenmataya

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

For what it's worth [unobtainium] the JDM 411SS [as in Sport Sedan, not Super Sport Sedan] came with the growth version J15 engine and dual Hitachi SU carbs.  If you could find the 411SS manifold, your search would almost be over.  There's the Right Hand drive vs Left Hand drive linkages to work out.  Good luck, I would love to see your sucessful swap at one of the future JCCS meets!

For what it's worth [unobtainium] the JDM 411SS [as in Sport Sedan, not Super Sport Sedan] came with the growth version J15 engine and dual Hitachi SU carbs.  If you could find the 411SS manifold, your search would almost be over.  There's the Right Hand drive vs Left Hand drive linkages to work out.  Good luck, I would love to see your sucessful swap at one of the future JCCS meets!

i can get the carbs and manifold.... but per erichwaslike, it won't fit....

Ken, What Erich is saying is the RL411 R16 Manifold wont fit. The carbs are fine......You need the manifold for J's to do it. I have 2 manifolds for it if you still are thinking of doing the J engine that way. The carbs fit fine if you have the proper manifold. They came on all Jpaanese and Austrailian models known as the "Double S" or "SS" model which was the P410 with E1 1200CC engine (2 months only March / April 1965 ) and the P411 with J13 1300CC engine (May 1965 onward) Also FYI you can bore the J13 block out to about a1500CC and it is a winner and quite peppy. Thats where the J15 is arrived at in size. But the J15 was not offered as the engine.

Neely