Temporary spare?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The bolt pattern is 4x4.5in or 4x114.7mm

Many American cars also use this pattern and most 4 lug Nissan use it. I believe sentras might be the exception and use a smaller pattern.

Take a tape measure and just measure away.

boltMeasure.gif

Also be aware that hub bore matters, but datsun ran a pretty small one, so most stuff should clear that.

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

I got a pimp ass aluminum temp spare from an early FC3s RX7. It took me a minute to find one at a reasonable price, but I think it's cool as hell. It clears my brakes too. 4522B337-D8F1-48B0-8F8D-A61815B4C60F.jpg

Ooooooh fancy! Would you mind weighing it? I'd like to see how it compares to my steelie space saver. The tire on mine is a 125/70/15; Yokohama, too!

Ooooooh fancy! Would you mind weighing it? I'd like to see how it compares to my steelie space saver. The tire on mine is a 125/70/15; Yokohama, too!

It's pretty feathery, I'll try to throw it on a scale in the next couple days. The schedule is kind of hectic lately.

Edit; Fuck it, there is always time to help a fellow Ratsuner....21.5lbs with tire on my fancy digital scale.

What does the steelie weigh?

It's pretty feathery, I'll try to throw it on a scale in the next couple days. The schedule is kind of hectic lately.

Edit; Fuck it, there is always time to help a fellow Ratsuner....21.5lbs with tire on my fancy digital scale.

I will weigh it when it's light out to verify. I don't think it weighs that much more, but I haven't touched it since I got it.

I got a pimp ass aluminum temp spare from an early FC3s RX7. It took me a minute to find one at a reasonable price, but I think it's cool as hell. It clears my brakes too.

4522B337-D8F1-48B0-8F8D-A61815B4C60F.jpg

Hm, front drag wheels :thumbup:

I will weigh it when it's light out to verify. I don't think it weighs that much more, but I haven't touched it since I got it.

Versa/Sentra donuts I'm using are 21.2 pounds. 

Actually, a few of the rotary-powered 1200 guys I know do use these for front drag wheels.   ^_^

The smart ones change the crappy "low speed" tires out for M/T front runners.  ;)

When I was younger and dumber I ran those "Temporary Use Only"  mini spare tires on the front of a slammed Bug. Told myself it was OK because the front of a bug is so much lighter than what they were designed for. Nobody was hurt and never failed. Their speed rating may have more to do with their decreased stopping and handing ability than speed failure.

Other things about the bug where probably more unsafe than the front tires.

I wouldn't race or daily them today though