1981 Datsun 210 2 door hatchback. 34k original miles. Original owner.

RICHELIEU

Hello everyone. I am a long time owner and fan of all early Datsun cars, my treasure being an all original 280ZX Turbo that I have had since new stored under blankets in the garage. We only drove it a few times, sorry, it's not for sale.  I also have an 1981 Datsun 210 hatchback coupe. Light baby blue inside and out. The car only has 34k original miles. We bought the car brand new in the spring of 1981 from Lynnes Datsun City dealership in New Jersey to use as a spare car. The car did not come with a radio and it still has the original radio delete plate in the dash. I did not use the car much at all. It has been sitting for a long time. The drivetrain is like new. The car runs excellent, however, it may need a new gas tank. The tank is not rusted, the metal fuel line from the tank broke off. Maybe it can be repaired. I looked for a new gas tank but I can not find one. The car starts right up with a small gas can that I mounted in the engine compartment near the fuel pump. The fenders, doors and quarters have rust from sitting. However, the rocker panels, the underbody and the floors are still in very good condition. I also have new front fenders that I bought from the Datsun/Nissan dealership long ago which are included with the car. I was told the new fenders alone are worth alot of money. I kept the car all this time hoping to restore it but I guess it's time to see the car go to a good new home where someone will fix and enjoy the little Datsun once again. I posted an ad with alot of photos on Craigslist under North New Jersey. I would like to post the photos here but I can not seem to post them. I am asking 1500 which I think is fair considering such low miles plus the original owner history with this car. It's very important to me to see this car in good hands and it's not easy for me to let it go. Thank you for reading this and best wishes to everyone. 

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only approved members can post pictures. (welcome to Ratsun, you are now approved)

However if buying or selling, I ask that you do so in out classified section only... http://community.ratsun.net/classifieds/category/14-cars/?sort_key=date_added&sort_order=desc  .There is a handy link at the top of every page just below the RATSUN.NET logo.

This keeps our forums clear for discussion and information sharing, thank-you.