Z-24 rebuild recommendations: input desired.

720inOlyWa

Well the big day has finally arrived. I am pulling an engine / transmission out of my ‘donor truck’ to rebuild for my daily driver. (see My 720 resto).  I have big plans to renovate the engine. I have never balanced a motor and I intend to do that with this one, just to see what happens. From the driveline right through the pressure plate and internals, I want to optimize my ZS-24  before swapping it into my daily. But aside from balancing, it will get a total rebuild from top to bottom. 

I like the stock motor. It seems pretty well matched to me. It isn’t the little burro that my L-20b was, but it seems to work fine. I suppose another few horsepower would be okay, but I am not willing to sacrifice much mileage or driveability for it.

What I want to know is if there is anything inherent in the engine design that I should address since it will be all apart anyway?

Is there anything that you would recommend to someone who is zero timing one of these engines? Is this the time to switch out to a fuel injection system? any mild mod options you care to share?

Thanks!

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic