Weird 69 510 Gas Tank Vent Setup

Hey all,

As long as I've owned my 510 it's had a weird vent setup for the top vent in the gas tank.  The 69s don't have any of the evap stuff like later cars did, so it's already a little different.

Here's what the vent tube has always (as far as I know) looked like.  The top of the tee goes to the top of the tank, and the two lines that come off of that appear to be plugged with screws  :confused:

27153544016_c6315656be_k.jpg

27186901685_eba18adfb6_k.jpg

What's the right way to set up the vent for this car?  Do I need to install any kind of hose on the top vent of the tank at all?  Cant he vent that goes to the gas door vent enough?  I'm going to be setting this car up for fuel injection and will be using a surge tank under the car if that matters.

Thanks all!

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Parts diagram for an early car is below.

Edit - Depending on the engine you are using and your desire to run the evaporative emission equipment. you can connect the vent line from the tank to the evaporative control valve or an evap canister (assuming you instal one).

48BD1276-B9AC-4B40-8A38-8488B081F5C5.png