Installed dropspindles, cant get enough toe-in

Spiff

I installed dropspindles and as the instructions said I cut of 1/4" of the outer tierod and now I've adjusted the toe-in but I can only get the wheels straight and now I don't have any more to adjust, these trucks should have a little bit of toe-in right? At least according to the service manual.

The outer and inner rods are fully in the adjusting sleeve and I don't have any more threads left. 

Is it possible to shorten the sleeve so I can trim the tie-rods to get that last bit of toe-in? 

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't shorten the sleeve if the tie rod ends are bottomed and touching each other AND there are threads left on the rods. Slightly shortening one or both will allow them to be adjusted farther in.  

If the rod ends are not touching inside the sleeve but you are out of threads on the rods, then the sleeve can be shortened to draw the rod ends farther in.

Toe is very slight... about 2mm or two thumb nail thicknesses to 4mm This is 0.16" on the 720.

• Like 1

Oh, and also I seem to have lost a whole lot of steering angle. I put the stoppers in the same amount as on the old spindles but that obviously wasn't correct, so does anyone know how to set them properly?

• Like 1