WTF is with people?

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

All those plums raked up and thrown away, what an ironic waste. They could have been dried into prunes, fed to that crochety old bitch so she could have taken a good healthy shit, and none of this would have ever happened. I know this stuff because I'm 1/16th native Mercan. 

• Like 2

I know how you feel Mike, I came home from work about 3 mo this ago and the new Mexican neighbors (renters) had 3/4 of a fence build about 8" on my side of the property line. I have some pretty sizable rock in that corner of the yard that are essential perfecting the water meter, and they were all dug up and pulled up in my yard. After they finish the fence I stuffed the rocks back into the fence near where they were. I have a 4" wide concrete curb that separates my yard from the shoulder of the road that goes down to ground level and back to the back yard along the property line. They literally mother he fence to got over the curb and put it where they did. It was up for a month before it started to lean and twist, they dint put in anny footings just buried the posts in the dirt. If it gets bad enough ill just burn the damn thing down.

• Like 3

The original plum tree was over a foot in diameter and almost all on my side.. It was cut about chest high. The new one grew as a sucker out of the base of it. The old stump dead for 20? years was pushed over and removed also, which is fine.

Right now getting my ducks in a row. Survey and witness statements. Police officer who is has this case is on duty next Sunday and I'll report to him what I have found and possible action. He said three things....

1/ I can accept an apology and admission that it was a mistake.

2/ I can accept some kind of restitution/compensation

3/ I can have him charged with mischief.

in San Diego we have tree farms where you can buy huge mature trees in gigantic pots. Perhaps next time they're on vacation or some sleepy Saturday you might have one crane-ed in? You probably don't want a 40' palm tree... but maybe you'd like to try apples or peaches this time? Does Mrs. DZM bake? :)

• Like 2

Don't know about Canadian law but that shit wouldn't fly in California, the restitution for killing a tree on your neighbors property is 25 grand and more for loosing the ''crop'' the tree produced. I'd see if local law supports fucking them in the wallet. Fucking old people piss me off, always bitching about respect but rarely show it themselves. I had a bitter old bitch next door that used to blow her leaves into my driveway until I returned her lost property to her doorstep.

• Like 3

I'm not paying to replace something taken from me.... I get fucked twice in the ass.

I don't think it's the widow... it's the nephew that's driving this shit show. She's no help..

Q-tip: Get the city on them. Abusive people deserve the "Laws of the Authority's" time, not your own. Some of them think there are no laws or borders or even people to respect. Make the city make THEM remove ALL that crap off your property. Then see how they'll view you henceforth. ;)

Mike: Why did you mention "chest high" in here? You know better. I'm surprised noone has responded yet. Lol. But seriously, same thing like with Q-tip, if they don't learn how how respect, have the law make them do it for ya.

Some neighbors have to be shown how they must respect you. ;)

• Like 1

Mike, look up Anderson v skender, they are completely in the wrong as far as B.C law is concerned. They owe you a sizable chunk of cash and can potentially be jailed for the crime. Push that shit as far as you can.

1/ I can accept an apology and admission that it was a mistake.

2/ I can accept some kind of restitution/compensation

3/ I can have him charged with mischief.

If "it's time to go to the mattresses" as Fat Clemenza said in the God Father, than as your Ratsun family counsolari I must advise you.

I don't believe an officer has the authority to pass judgement and enforce option 1 or 2. If your neighbor wasn't willing to give an apology, admission of wrong doing, or pay restitution out of the goodness of their heart (not likely) than it would require a judges order. Meaning either you would have to file suit against them, or your neighbor would have to agree to arbitration (again not likely). If he were eventually charged and convicted of mischief, it's possible the judge would force him to pay damages as part of his sentence. Because it was a fruit baring tree he cut down, it does constitute a much bigger loss than would a shade tree.

Try to get the cop to inform your neighbor that option 3 is available to you. This would strengthen your negotiation position for option 2. Price out a good quality shade structure or tree(s) transplant for your 620 that you can put RIGHT on your property line near the plum stump. I would say that sends a very clear message and serves multiple ends.

• Like 2

I'm with paradime. Use the law to the fullest extent you can or will.

Otherwise, you are just another douche neighbor, just like him, and also like him, might be liable under the law for any of the above mentioned revenge tactics.

I like the ideas that are brain-storming, especially the ones advising to not set yourself up for further retribution and stooping to their level. My house was burglarized a couple years back so we had to get an alarm. Just last Monday both my car and my wife's DD were slim-jimmed and gone through. They left the doors ajar and the courtesy lights in my wife's Honda Pilot killed the battery. Luckily we don't leave anything of value in the cars, and we're religious about locking them. I guess cameras are next to deter the pricks. So sad what we have to go thru to protect our homes.

Sorry, I was being a smart ass in my previous response. I didn't expect you to pay a big expense for a tree and a crane.

Have a conversation with the old lady or the turd-son simply stating you could have him/them charged with mischief &/or trespassing and have witnesses if they don't agree to repayment for the tree, and mention mediation/legal is next if not. At their age the idea of adding to /or ruining their criminal record might motivate them to keep communication open, and let them know this isn't ok and isn't over. 

If not, get the biggest $ judgment you can and buy the biggest, fastest growing tree you can.

• Like 1

Yeah. Trust that the cops give a fuck. You are a pain in their sides. They will do anything to close the case and get you to stop calling. The odds of them giving a shit are lower than barbera streisands tits. Either forgive, forget, or give them the same opportunity.