Engine options

kingfuzzz

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get it dude. No hard feelings.

I will be buying a KC for sure considering my size, it just makes sense.

As for motors, I am completely happy with an l16 to start with. I would rather have the it running and have the rest of the truck where i want it before i blow my load on a swap then not be able to do anything else how I want.

I will most likely go the KA route when the time comes, and I have Redeye's page saved for easy access.

Also, you mentioned Icehouse's setup and I am wondering if you know how that would compare to a MegaSquirt setup?

Icehouses setup complements the ECU system by creating a single interface to power all the ECU operations, it does not replace it.

Think of the ECM as providing input and feedback to the motor only.

Well, you need to be able to provide power to the motor. The Can-Am box allows for easiest wiring add-on to supply power to circuits the ECM will not do. Fuel pump, ignition, etc.

I think I want an SR20DET but mainly because a Silvia is one of my dream import cars. I know its expensive and a lot of work and I dont actually plan on doing it though.

I will most likely go the KA route. I do not want to make it hard to drive and pushing 350+ or whatever horsepower. I just want a good amount that will make it fun to cruise but when still be able to get out of its own way.

.. ive been doing alot of research on the non turbo sr's n i might just go that route.. but i do know how to fabricate n weld so idk.. still debating... 

If I could get some stock SR brackets I'd be able to develop some for the 620. Still haven't been able to obtain a set though. 

• Like 2

SR20 isn't a tough swap by no means.  The KA isn't either.  The info is all over.   L series motors are great though.  I'm picking up another  78 KC today for stupid cheap.  It will be KA swapped in the next few weeks.  If your going for power, it costs.  and will probably never hookup.(my race truck for example).  Good Luck with yours

• Like 1

If I could get some stock SR brackets I'd be able to develop some for the 620. Still haven't been able to obtain a set though. 

Yeah, hurry up with that already!  :thumbup:

I should be starting on my SR620 swap within the next couple months. It would be easier than having to make my own or having to buy the ones from CXRacing.com 

SR20 isn't a tough swap by no means.  The KA isn't either.  The info is all over.   L series motors are great though.  I'm picking up another  78 KC today for stupid cheap.  It will be KA swapped in the next few weeks.  If your going for power, it costs.  and will probably never hookup.(my race truck for example).  Good Luck with yours

I cat say I am going for power. I want reliable first. If there is some power for a little fun than ill take it.

• Like 1