turn signals don't work but hazards do...

hey y'all- new member. have a 75' b210... I didn't see this posted already so here it goes..

I unplugged my fog lights in grill to remove it and paint the grill, I plugged them back in and now the hazards work on all 4 lights, but the signals don't work on any, not even a clicking sound or anything...

anyone have any ideas of how in the process this might have happened?

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean the parking lights in the grill?

4 way and turn signals use the same filaments so if the 4 ways work the bulbs are good and connected. Do parking lamps work?

Check your fuses. Replace if not sure.

Swap the 4 way and the turn signal flasher units... if the problem becomes the 4 ways not working then the turn flasher unit is bad.

• Like 2

On a 521, the power for the turn signals goes through the four way flasher switch, if the four way is OFF.  I do not know if a 1975 B210 is the same, or not.

Get a electrical diagram of your car, and see what is shared between the two systems, and what is different.   It may take tracing the wires from the fuse box, through all connectors, to see if they have any corrosion, and cleaning them.

y'all are the best... that made it work... was the fuses, it wasn't obvious that one had been blown but replaced them all just to be safe and it works like new now. Gonna post some pics of my baby here soon as i figure out how to scale the size down to fit...