Stupid Brake Question

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the cover /pad retainer youll push on the 2 sides with that lip in the center and then you can unclip it. then pull the pads out from the back but that notice as the pads will look angled so intsall correctly with the disc.

maybe there is a youtube on 510 brakes as it would be the same

I got them out already, i'm trying to get them back in. I'll check youtube.

• Like 1

I figured it out. i was trying to have the spring clip in then put in the pads. Took out the clip, put the pads in, and then put in the clip and it worked perfectly. Thanks for the help guys

Lockheed disc brakes will do that to you!  Even the "experienced" instructor at my son's El Camino College shop didn't know crap about the third alternate Lockheed Disc brake system until my son educated him and the rest of his class and showed them my RL411 to prove that there "the truth is out there". 

Be sure to use the anti-squeel shims!  Or at least the blue goop between the rear of the pads and the piston and fixed slider.  If you don't have the shims [they used to come standard with the shoe set, at least those made by Raybestos] the blue goop will help a lot.  If you have new or reused shims, use the goop anyway!

• Like 2