• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So...been driving her the past 3 days and got to say it's a blast

So far, adjusted the brake pedal so no more slop when I go apply the brakes;),

Tune done...

Battery relocated. Done

Rewired headlights and Gps speedo. Done

Need rear seat covers and belts for the kids to cruise to some shows.

Alignment tomorrow morning!!

And having a friend come by Friday to see if he can rub out some dents so I can have my bro-in-law flat clear it.

Need help with one issue,

I'm getting that "clunk" noise, the one Zian was mentioning in the rear..... Only in reverse or slow turns.....

I jacked the car and the u joints were solid, Zian had the diff out and gone through/service and said it was all good... (I hope).

Any ideas?

It's had the rear brakes converted to disk..... Thinking maybe rear hub bearing? Not torqued to the Rt spec? Has techno toy rear coils on it. No rear sway bar.

That's about it for this week

So...I did some more investigation today on my r160 clsd rear diff. It seams like maybe the output shaft bearing is bad. The diff was really hot after a short normal drive home from work. Sounds like a hub bearing but it's coming for dead center of the car....

I have a spare r160 clsd, that came with the car... I opened the case and it all looks pretty good, turns nice and smooth, no play, both axles are turning in the same direction :).

..looks like 39:11 is stamped on the gear.

Any test I should do before swapping it out? Trying to see if the 1/2 shaft stubs will bolt it? Not sure what to look for between the 2.

What to do before I pull out the old one?

Here's a few pics.

915D424C-9D22-426F-9D78-D6D0F82CFDD1_zps

ED8B2469-B0CD-4285-8AB7-17AF54C088C5_zps

D01801D5-6865-441C-A3FB-92B7072748E1_zps

Any tips would be Great. :)

• 2 weeks later...

so I pulled/dropped the rear diff out yesterday, going to be dropping it off to have it rebuilt. The output shaft bearing is defiantly bad. hoping for a quick turn around.      

also rerouted the fuel lines in a more sensible route. 

have a couple more mechanical "fixes" to do and change so I can feel a little more confident when driving her.  I'm looking forward to enjoying her this summer.

next on the list is...

re covering the rear seats, put seat belts back there for the kids.

wet sanding the entire car and having my brother-in-laws body shop do a matt or semi clear to protect the "patina"

scrap an re-do the under coating.

that should keep me busy while I'm cruising. 

"... do a matt or semi clear to protect the "patina""

That is not protecting it!

lol

No seriously... Don't do it.

You'll be sorry.

No for real... It's YOUR CAR. Do what ya F-n want . ;)

Don't.

I warned ya.

Enjoy the fudge out of it B!

Seriously.

I have a few lil plastic caps I found too I can send ya. For the rear/trunk floor. Like so... https://goo.gl/photos/iQNj3XexCmdvuR3n6

"... do a matt or semi clear to protect the "patina""

That is not protecting it!

lol

No seriously... Don't do it.

You'll be sorry.

No for real... It's YOUR CAR. Do what ya F-n want . ;)

Don't.

I warned ya.

Enjoy the fudge out of it B!

Seriously.

I have a few lil plastic caps I found too I can send ya. For the rear/trunk floor. Like so... https://goo.gl/photos/iQNj3XexCmdvuR3n6

Thanks Z, Not clearing it yet, probably be right before winter.

So oust replaced all the bearings in my rear, going to drive her this week than change the fluid. So far she seams ok, I'm hearing every little sounds now thinking it's the diff! I need to remember there's no rear interior at all, headliner and truck material to soften every creek, clank, twists and stuff. Need to just drive her and stop worrying already!!! lol.

Ok, so the diff is so much quieter, but still think something else is bad or going bad... Need to recheck the wheel bearings today.

Got to say, I haven't drove a srdet powered 510 but this VE set up seams like its the perfect combo for the 510'a. Plenty of power, can break the tires loose in 2 without really trying. Going though the twists and turns is awesome! I feel like a kid again when I'm "driving" her. From a roll she just pulls all the way though the full RPM range ESP around 4200 when the cams kick over!

Still need to clean some things up but so glad I took that trip to buy this.

Check all u joints, I had the ujoint in my driveshaft go to shit after only 4 years.

I did jack up the car and put a breaker bar on them all. Zero play in all of them. :(. I know someone said they might be still bad. But I'm pretty sure it's got to be a wheel bearing. Hopefully get it done today

back to to square one......even worse now since i got the new bearings installed in the rear diff.  

Been driving the car everyday an all was great for a week until today, all of a sudden I have this crazy whine/howl while cruising, not on declaration, just a bit on acceleration and really crazy while holding 40-50 MPH.  Seams like the back lash setting either shifted or moved some how.  So upsetting thinking Im good to go, now need to pull it out again.      hopefully I didn't waste money and my diff shop makes it's right.